“Sorry but a bad night's sleep!” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Elliott House Inn
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
North Carolina
“Sorry but a bad night's sleep!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

Great location, clean room, but the strong light coming through the blinds and no blinds over the window above the door left me with a poor night's sleep! I woke up in a panic when I saw all the light coming through the windows and thought I may have overslept and missed my meeting, but it was only 5 am and the light was coming from the corridor light through the window and the street light through the wooden blinds. If they could add curtains that would help tremendously! This is located right near great restaurants and shopping, but it is in between two restaurants that tossed out their glass recycling around 1 am waking me up quite startled by the breaking glass. Keeping on the AC to drown out the noise is a must. I also noticed too that the bathroom does not have any countertop space but a small ledge place too high and items would roll off. Although it is pretty and very clean I will go back to the Meeting Street Inn (very similar) which is where I usually stay. I just thought I'd try something new this time but I left exhausted and won't be back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MademoiselleTraveler
GMofEHI, Manager at Elliott House Inn, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
We appreciate you giving Elliott House Inn a try by staying with us. I’m very sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations. We are taking measures to cover the exposed windows above the guest room doors. We are researching several options to get his fixed as quickly as possible. I’ve been working closely with the General Manager of Husk to find the best way to cohesively be good neighbors. They are changing up some of the duties their employees are responsible for, by having them completed during daytime hours. We hope that with this change will have a direct impact on the evening noises. We understand that you have several hotels to choose from while visiting Charleston and appreciate your patronage.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

We recently stayed at this inn and were very impressed with it. It was recently renovated and everything was done really tastefully. The bathroom was super nice and seemed almost elegant. It had a nice tile shower with a rainshower head. It didn't have any place in the shower to put soap or shampoo, which was a slight inconvenience but everything else was nice. The bed was really comfortable and the room had a private patio too. The inn just had a lot of character and was very interesting since it was built in the 1860's. I did miss the nightly turndown with a snack that was mentioned on the website. I think they should take that off of there if they don't do that anymore. The staff was very freindly and answered all of our questions about the area without hesitation. Also, initially there was some confusion about our reservation which was booked through a third party, but it was figured out very quickly and they upgraded our room to a king which we thought was very thoughtful and enjoyed the room as it was also on the end so we only had neigbors on one side and it seemed very private. This place exceeded our expectations and was in the perfect location to explore Charleston. We would definitely come back here again.

Room Tip: I would go for the king room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason S
I’m so happy to read how much you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We think the new rooms are fantastic too! If your travels bring you back to Charleston, please keep us in mind. We’d love to have you back!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Elliott House Inn on a recent getaway to Charleston. The location of the Inn is PERFECT and in the middle of everything. The staff was outstanding and responsive to our needs. The Inn recently went through an extensive renovations and the decor in our room was gorgeous! From the 5 p.m. wine and cheese reception to the breakfast served in our room, we certainly felt we were getting our money's worth. There is not parking at the Inn but there is a parking garage right across the street which was ideal. We received perfect recommendations for all of our meals from the staff. I will definitely return to the Elliott House Inn on my next trip to Charleston!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Kathryn C
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to read how much you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms! They truly are gorgeous rooms that we’re quite proud of! Please keep us in mind next time you visit Charleston. We’d love to have you back again!!
Cayce, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed for the most wonderful over night stay at 'The Elliott House Inn," on Queen Street in Charleston, SC a couple of years ago.
The moment I checked in the registration staff were delightful. The asked if they could help with my sight seeing plans. They recommended a carriage ride that was informative and fun.
It is located in downtown near a great many of the attractions I came tto see.
I found the accommodations very comfortable, luxurious, and clean with the large plush 4 post bed.
The afternoon they offered refreshments in the outdoor atrium.
My breakfast was served on a silver tray and placed by my bed.
It was awesome to be treated so well.
I highly recommend The Elliot House Inn.
It was closed and renovated and I can hardly wait to return for another night where I will be treated to some old south hospitality.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Paula D
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us! I’m pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay! Our team is working hard to ensure all of our guests enjoy their time with us. Be sure to come back and visit again to experience our newly renovated rooms. They look fantastic!