“Great 60th Birthday!”

The Elliott House Inn
Ranked #28 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
“Great 60th Birthday!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We started this tradition a few years back by coming to Charleston to kick off my birthday celebration. As always, it's perfect staying at the Elliott House Inn. Our favorite is that it is located right in the heart of historical Charleston. Once we arrive, we park the car and never touch it for our entire stay. Not only is the staff fabulous, rooms are really nice and everything is so convenient. No matter...long walks, short walks....fantastic bars, restaurants and tons of history are all right there. We especially love breakfast in bed each morning....thanks for yet another wonderful birthday!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Candy F
GMofEHI, Manager at The Elliott House Inn, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Happy Belated Birthday, Friend! You put a big smile on my face when I read your review. To know that we were your launching pad for your birthday kick-off celebration is pleasing to read. I’m especially excited that the staff, location and room expectations were met. Don’t wait another year, come back in the springtime and visit us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We we arrive we thought that there was a problem with our assigned room and the staff was more than happy to to show us alternatives. The room are rather small but functional. The location is excellent for walking in the city. The weather was a bit chill for us to enjoy the very nice couryard and its hot tub. One of the desk persons, Neil, gave us an excellent two hour walking tour of the city. Parking in the city garage is $20 a day but the open lot down Queen Street we found to be a little less (with in and out priviledges).

Room Tip: You might check out your room in advance
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike G
We appreciate you staying with us! I apologize for the unfortunate colder than normal weather you experienced while you were visiting. Hopefully Neal was able to make up for the shortfall, by providing his fantastic walking tour! While parking can be a bit cumbersome, I’m happy to read that you found an alternative nearby that was a bit less expensive. Please make sure to come back and visit us again in the near future. We’d love to have you back again (during warmer temperatures)!!!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We were among the many whose trips were interrupted by the unusual ice and snow that hit Charleston. We cut short our visit thanks to the kindness of the staff who waived the usual cancellation policies. Although we were just there for one night it was a very nice experience. We got in late and enjoyed our room at the end of the courtyard lit by candlelight. We then went over to the restaurant just steps away and had she-crab chowder and a glass of wine. Just what weary travelers needed! Having breakfast delivered to our room was an added delight and there was coffee in the courtyard from six a.m. for early risers.
The parking garage right across the street made it very convenient to carry our luggage to the room. Wish we could have done more exploring but we'll be back.

Room Tip: After reading the other reviews I requested an 'unfussy' room. I think I said uncluttered...
1 Thank intlfOOdie2013
GMofEHI, Manager at The Elliott House Inn, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
We appreciate your review of your recent stay with us. The winter storm of the south had a pretty big impact on Charleston. I’m pleased to read that you were able to salvage at least one good night in our town! I’m even more happy to read that you enjoyed your short time with us. Make sure you come back and visit us again in the near future – when you can stay longer and enjoy the all the sights.
south carolina
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our visit at the Elliott House Inn. We missed the evening reception, but enjoyed entering the courtyard lit by candle light. Our room was very nice and very clean.The bed and linens were perfect to me and the bathroom had a huge updated shower. Our Breakfast was delivered to our room exactly at the time we requested The coffee was hot and plentiful and the muffins were warm and fresh. Also flat screen TV with plenty of stations ! The hot tub also looked fun but we forgot our swim suits. :(

Room Tip: The Location is right in town, so there's activity nearby all day and night. if you plan on slee...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMofEHI, Manager at The Elliott House Inn, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I’m excited to see that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. The location cannot be beat for any and all activities one may want to enjoy while visiting Charleston. I’m sorry that you missed the wine and cheese reception, but enjoyed the candlelight walk back to your room through the courtyard. The next time you stay with us, you will have to make sure you bring some swimsuits to enjoy our heated Jacuzzi. Thank you for taking the time to express to others about your recent stay.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

As I arrived in Charleston 1/27, my client called to tell me that no one would be at work the next day due to imminent snow/ice storm. It was 7P when I arrived at hotel to check in. If I were to stay, I would then be stuck there 2-3 days. The nice young man at the desk told me I could go ahead and return home( with no obligation to the hotel) if I wanted to. Wow! That's what I did. How utterly thoughtful/considerate of their guest. I'll be back there as soon as I can!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank ROBIN W
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent experience at Elliott House Inn. The winter conditions we were experience while the guest was staying, are not normal here in Charleston. We clearly care about the guest enjoying their time here at The Elliott House Inn, but we care more about the safety of our guest and the customer service they receive during circumstances that are out of everyone’s control. I’m thrilled to see that you are planning to stay with us again the next time your travels take you back to Charleston. Once again, thank you for taking the time to express your gratitude to our staff, it means a lot.
Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Exceptionally clean room, good location for walking or taking the free trolley. King bed was a little soft for me, but hubs had no problem sleeping. Little bit of noise from unit above and the elevator nearby. Bathoom was great w/2 shower heads. Continental breakfast was delivered a little early but bagel and muffins were fresh and warm, coffee was hot, a good start for the day. Wine and cheese provided btw 5-6pm and coffee and tea throughout the day. Would definitely stay here again. Front desk staff were extremely helpful w/ restaurant recommendations and sights to see.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevator
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMofEHI, Manager at The Elliott House Inn, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at the Inn. It is always wonderful to hear about how well the staff was able to help during your visit. The wine and cheese reception is a great way to get know the other guest at the Inn. We do not have coffee makers in the rooms, but we do have coffee out as early as 6 AM and we keep coffee out through most of the day and evening time. We look forward to seeing you come the next time you are in Charleston.
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife and I have visited Charleston three times and until our last trip have opted to stay at your run of the mill hotels. Glad we decided to venture out of our routine and give this place a try. Upon arriving, you couldn't ask for a more courteous receptionist and jaw dropping beautiful property. The hotel itself is right in the heart of both nightlife and great restaurants. The wine and cheese tasting coupled with a marvelous courtyard really allow you to forget your troubles and focus on relaxing. Parking is expensive but it is everywhere, plan to pay $20 nightly (but it is right across the street and very accessible). The service was impeccable and is available 24 hours a day. Included in our stay was a continental breakfast that is brought to your room at the time of your choosing. Great stay and you will not be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: If I stayed again I would choose a room in the courtyard. We stayed on a weekend and in a room next...
1 Thank mark b
I’m glad to see that you decided to change up your normal routine and give us a try, I’m truly thrilled that we did not disappoint! We have someone staffed here twenty four hours a day, and we believe that every member of the team is wonderful when it comes to helping first time guest or repeat guest. The location is perfect and the property is very well-kept, so that every guest can truly enjoy the Charleston experience. As mentioned we do not have parking at the Inn, but right across the street is a covered parking deck that is twenty dollars for a twenty four hour period. Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with us at the Inn.