It is a historical inn in a old building, but they have kept the inn to good standards. The concierge was helpful during our visit with several excellent recommendations. Each day we began with their continental breakfast, and returned for their wine and cheese event in the afternoons. Wireless is available as well as an unstocked refrigerator, iron/ironing board, and hairdryer in the room. You can purchase water from the front desk.
Pro: A perfectly located B&B/hotel on King Street!!! It is only a block away from Market Square as well as all the shopping that you could ask for surrounds the place. Once we parked the car, we did not drive again until the day we checked out. We walked everywhere!
Con: We paid extra for a private courtyard. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes were so bad, we were unable to enjoy. Keep that in mind when selecting a room.
Con: The mattress was on the hard side so it took 2 nights to get used to it.
Con: You might wish to request a room that does not have its windows on King Street due to the traffic activity. Also there's a lion's head fountain that runs contiguously which sounds like a "tub being filled" in one of 2 center courtyards. It can be distracting for a light sleeper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1853, Kings Courtyard Inn is one of downtown Charleston, South Carolina's most historic inns. Architect Francis D. Lee designed the three-story antebellum structure in the Greek revival style with unusual Egyptian detail. The building is one of King Street's largest and oldest structures, and has had many uses during its 150 year existence. The building has housed high quality shops, private residences and at one time, the upper floors served as hotel rooms for plantation owners, shipping interests and merchant guests. Kings Courtyard Inn is located in the heart of Charleston's historic district. The Inn maintains the residential atmosphere of lower King Street, and extreme care has been taken to ensure the necessary architectural and historic accuracy for which Charleston is famous. Each of the rooms has an individual distinction. All rooms feature oversized beds- some have canopied beds and fireplaces. Many rooms boast excellent views of the inn's interior courtyards. All hotel guests receive complimentary sherry on arrival and a morning newspaper delivered to the room. They also receive a continental breakfast served each morning in their room, the courtyards, or in the breakfast room. Kings Courtyard Inn is within easy walking distance of Charleston's historic homes, gardens, churches and only a block away from the City Market. Here, one may explore interesting shops or enjoy a delicious meal at one of the city's many delightful restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kings Courtyard Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Courtyard Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel Kings
- Courtyard Charleston
- Charleston Courtyard