Kings Courtyard Inn
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
US$228
US$217
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$130
US$124
All reviewsking streetcontinental breakfastwine and cheesegreat locationfree sherryevening sherryfour poster bedconvenient parkinggas fireplacehistoric hoteltwo room suitewithin walking distanceother guestsyogurthistoric charlestonmodern amenitieshappy hour
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed here on a recent trip to Charleston. It was a great location being central to the various restaurants we wanted to visit and places to go.

Service from the bellhop, concierge, room service, etc was great - could not ask for anything more.

Our room was small which goes with the older hotels. But it was clean and nicely furnished. If I were to stay longer than 3 nights, I would check into the possibility of a larger room.

The bed was comfortable but I would liked some bigger/longer pillows. The ones on the bed were small - maybe 24 inches square.

The continental breakfast which we had delivered was fine. My wife ordered eggs each morning which were a little overcooked.

The location on King Street was great as we were within 15 minutes of all the places we wanted to go.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: For a trip to Charleston, make plans early.
2  Thank robinsoniv
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Kings Courtyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

The hardworking team at Kings Courtyard Inn is one of our very best assets. Thank you for such a kind note about our staff members. We appreciate your wonderful review of the property. Thank you for the recommendation - we will look forward to seeing you both again.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Not the most luxurious, but quite comfortable accommodations with period furnishings in the midst of tourist Charleston. It's just a block from the Market so you can walk to most restaurants and tourist sites. The staff is friendly and helpful.

One very nice feature is the parking lot just out the back door, where guest parking is only $12 for 24 hr in-out. Others are the cozy lobby with a fireplace and the courtyard, breakfast room and patio areas where a complimentary happy hour is served each evening, with wines, cheeses and other snacks.

The complementary continental breakfast is very good, so much so that we never ordered the optional cooked options.

I would stay here again.

2  Thank gakpa

I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable visit at the Kings Courtyard Inn. We enjoy offering guests amenities like complimentary continental breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese. Your wonderful feedback is appreciated. Thank you for the recommendation. We will see you next time!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This was our first visit to Charleston and we found the hotel was a great base for taking in all the attractions of the historic area. We could walk everwhere and there were plenty of places to eat and shop nearby. Our room was comfortable and the staff were very helpful. We missed having a bar in the hotel but the free evening wine tastings made up for that! I would recommend Charleston as a town to visit as it not only has the historic area but also the sea, beaches and other attractions within easy reaching distance.

3  Thank Margaret K
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I just finished my third visit to this hotel, and my wife and I have been delighted with it every time. The staff is congenial and helpful, the rooms are nice, the afternoon wine and cheese and morning breakfast are pleasant, and the hotel often has specials that make the rooms affordable as well. To top it off, it's right in the center of the action of the city on King Street, so you can't beat the location. We will return again to the Kings Courtyard Inn.

1  Thank JamesH064
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Kings Courtyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

I appreciate your loyalty to the Kings Courtyard Inn. I am thrilled that your third visit to the inn was just as wonderful as your first. Thank you for such a great recommendation. We look forward to hosting you for fourth visit to King Street.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I visit Charleston often because my son is in school there. This is my second time staying at Kings Courtyard. The location is fantastic. Near the market, waterfront, shopping, south of broad. And the price is right. We were there 4 nights, and for some reason on the 2nd night, they did not clean finish cleaning the room. I would expect if you were staying in a hotel multiple nights, they would make an extra effort. But it seemed like they just left dirty towels and sheets. That is my only complaint. Otherwise, enjoy your stay here and I suggest having your breakfast delivered to your room.

Room Tip: Front side of hotel looks out onto Kings St. which is fun. Back side, may be quieter, but not much to see.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ELK45
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Kings Courtyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you for your five-star review of the Kings Courtyard Inn. We were glad to have you back for the second time. I am thrilled that the inn was so well-suited as a great gathering place for your family. I apologize for the housekeeping issues. I will investigate the issue, as this is not our standard. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as we will prevent this from happening again.