We were looking for a good downtown location for a good price. The room was small, but ideal for spending time in the city. It had a period feel to it with the canopy bed. We lucked out and had a small balcony overlooking the hotel's courtyard, which was a treat in the evening. The free WiFi was faster here than most hotels I've stayed at, though logging in to the hotel network was kind of a pain.
It's so close to everything - very walkable - yet far enough away from the late-night action that it says quiet. Staff served a lovely afternoon reception with sherry, wine, cheese and crackers. Breakfast was nice too. It's offered complimentary in the room but we went down to the dining room. Service was a little slow, but only because it was one lady working the dining room all by herself.
We walked almost everywhere but had a rental car in case we wanted to get out of the city. The parking lot is right behind the hotel, and we never had trouble finding a spot. We will definitely stay here again the next time we're in Charleston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1853, Kings Courtyard Inn is one of downtown Charleston, South Carolina's most historic inns. Architect Francis D. Lee designed the three-story antebellum structure in the Greek revival style with unusual Egyptian detail. The building is one of King Street's largest and oldest structures, and has had many uses during its 150 year existence. The building has housed high quality shops, private residences and at one time, the upper floors served as hotel rooms for plantation owners, shipping interests and merchant guests. Kings Courtyard Inn is located in the heart of Charleston's historic district. The Inn maintains the residential atmosphere of lower King Street, and extreme care has been taken to ensure the necessary architectural and historic accuracy for which Charleston is famous. Each of the rooms has an individual distinction. All rooms feature oversized beds- some have canopied beds and fireplaces. Many rooms boast excellent views of the inn's interior courtyards. All hotel guests receive complimentary sherry on arrival and a morning newspaper delivered to the room. They also receive a continental breakfast served each morning in their room, the courtyards, or in the breakfast room. Kings Courtyard Inn is within easy walking distance of Charleston's historic homes, gardens, churches and only a block away from the City Market. Here, one may explore interesting shops or enjoy a delicious meal at one of the city's many delightful restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Kings Courtyard Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Courtyard Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel Kings
- Courtyard Charleston
- Charleston Courtyard