“Wish I was there now!”

The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Vendue Inn. My husband and I recently visited Charleston in celebration of our 15th anniversary (it was also our first trip to Charleston). The location of the Inn is right in the heart of everything so we parked our car on Friday and didn't move it until we left on Monday. The staff at the Vendue Inn were extremely attentive and friendly and were willing to help us at anytime. The concierge was very knowledgable and gave us some great ideas of things to do/see. He was also more than happy to make any reservations we needed but I had already taken care of that. We splurged and got a King Jr. Suite. It was a corner room with LOTS of space and windows. My favorite part was the stairs that I had to take to get into our bed (it was that tall!). I felt like a princess each time I climbed up. I hope to stay here again someday!

1  Thank scrapbookingmommy

Reviewed 2 July 2012

The Vendue Inn is a lovely property with a great staff! The bellman put our bags in our room as it wasn't ready yet. He gave us a tour of the property and explained the amenities! Breakfast downstairs, afternoon cocktails, milk and cookies in the evening, bicycles for guest use, rooftop bar with no waiting for hotel guests and valet parking! He was very knowledgeable and friendly! The concierge gave us some suggestions for dinner-but, we found if you walked around the city you I'll find a plethora of fine restaurants and pubs! We had oysters at the amen street pub, which were delicious! The bartender gave us some suggestions on which beaches to go to! We chose Isle of Palms-gorgeous! Then we headed over t Sullivan's Island and had lunch at Poes Pub-best burger I've ever had!
The next night we had dinner at Magnolias! What a fantastic meal! We did not have reservations but, we're happy to sit at the bar for a short time to wait for our table! My husband told the waitstaff it was my birthday and I thought they would sing that cheesy happy birthday song! Well!!!! This amazing gentleman with this unbelievable voice came out and sang in an operatic voice the mist beautiful happy birthday song ever! It brought tears to my eyes-his singing was incredible - it stopped the entire restaurant! I think when we go back-when it's cooler- I'm going to say its my birthday again just to hear him sing!!!!!!

3  Thank Freckles55
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This Inn is located smack dab in the middle of the French Quarter in Historic Charleston. While a little hard to locate, once you arrive, you will never want to leave. This inn is within walking distance of all that Historic Charleston has to offer. Even before our arrival, we were contacted by concierge to help us with arranging tours and such. The hotel is nicely renovated with small, but quaint rooms. Believe me, you won't be spending much time inside.
A WONDERFUL breakfast starts every morning. They have a wide selection of foods and they are all delicious prepared to order. Each afternoon, the inn hosts a complementary wine and cheese reception in their main lobby. Evening turn-down service rounds out each day in this beautiful and superbly located inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edman525
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Loved it! The room was a bit small, but it really did not make a difference. The room was so beautifully decorated, very comfortable 4 poster bed, and gorgeous old hardwood floors. The staff was incredible, so friendly and helpful in every way, this hotel attempts to anticipate and meet your needs moreso than any hotel I've ever stayed in. Bicycles are available on a first come first serve basis, no charge, just for your convenience. Free trolley stop near by. Be sure to check out the rooftop bar to have a drink and catch the sunset...it was wonderful.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor facing the street, there was no noise or disturbance at all.
1  Thank KentuckyLyn
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Vendue Inn is an immaculate 4-star property with a 5-star staff - everyone we encountered was warm, friendly, helpful, and seemed to genuinely enjoy their job. It's a small 66-room property with a focus on the details and extras that create a good experience. The location is perfect for exploring Charleston - there were days we didn't even need our car to explore the historic district. Breakfast was included with our room, and includes a fairly robust menu plus a chef's special; they also have a complimentary wine reception in the afternoon and cookies at night. They have a well-known rooftop bar with city views.

Room Tip: We were in the building across the street. it was reasonably quiet, although there is some noise as...
2  Thank Jay216
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Vendue Inn the last weekend of January and we had a fantastic experience. Upon our arrival, we were given an upgrade due to particular circumstances which started the trip off well. Our suite featured a king bed, fireplace and a complimentary bottle of sherry. It was very clean and actually very spacious as well. The Vendue Inn has a great charm to it as it combines a hotel with a B&B feel. You really could not beat the location of this place either. We were literally in walking distance of mostly everything we did that weekend. .

The staff was very professional and courteous and would always greet me by name which I found extremely impressive. Robbie, the concierge, was infinitely helpful. He knew exactly what we were looking to do and provided solid and fulfilling recommendations. The rooftop bar was a great place to have a couple of drinks before going out for a night. It was truly a pleasure to be a guest here and the Vendue Inn has earned my perpetual business.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mgbracey
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This hotel seems to bring out the yeas and the nays more than most. We recently stayed here and enjoyed our stay. The location was great. The staff was professional. They did everything we asked. -- We asked for quiet. We got quiet. We asked for a room in the older building with the elevator. We got the location we requested. And did I say location?!?

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends