The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel
US$503
  • Pool
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$341
US$409
  • Breakfast included
US$284
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$249
US$224
  • Restaurant
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$261
  • Restaurant
Sleep Inn Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$138
SleepInn
US$124
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$141
2,389 results
All reviewsdrawing roomrooftop barart tourresident artistmilk and cookiescomplimentary sherryvendue rangemain buildingwaterfront parkfree bikessouthern breakfastno windowwine receptiongas fireplaceperfect locationqueen roomfrench quarter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Vendue the week of July 7th. I cannot say enough good things about this Hotel. Our good experience started as soon as I made my reservation - I spoke to Nick and he was so helpful that I did not even want to call any other hotels. He was not pushing me to make the reservation but just very nice. We stayed here for 3 nights. As soon as we arrived (we were able to check in about 1 hour early early) we were upgraded to the Historical King Suite! We were able to stay in the main building (there is one across the street) and I would suggest doing this if you can. We choose to do valet parking for $18 a day - which I thought was reasonable since the self-parking was still $14 a day and about 1/2 mile away. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes for the car. The location is so great you barely have to move the car anyway! Lawson was our Bell Hop and helped us with our luggage as well as gave us a tour of the hotel. Our room was very nice - flat screen TV, nice large bathroom, clean and nicely decorated. Bed was very comfortable as well. The room also came with complimentary robes, an Iron and Hair Dryer. Do not miss the 9PM complimentary cookies and milk! They go pretty fast. Also in the lobby there is coffee in the morning and lemon water all day long. The breakfast is not complimentary but it is very reasonably priced (about $10 a plate) and very good. Only thing is they will charge you for coffee but it is complementary right outside. We also took advantage of the complimentary Beach Cruiser Bikes!! We rode them to Ft Sumter and thank god we did it was Hot and about 2miles away. The location is perfect - close to the water and the majority of the top restaurants and bars. There is also a rooftop bar at the hotel which was fun - we went up here each afternoon for a Beer after we finished our touring for the day. I cannot wait to go back and stay here again - best hotel experience I have ever had. It is a little pricey but completely worth it - and I had gotten a 30% off trip advisor coupon so make sure to look for something like that if you are looking to visit!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Can't say enough about this place. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the bellman, Crosby who was so friendly and helpful. In fact, the entire staff displayed southern hospitality at its finest. Our room (102) was large, well appointed,quiet and very comfortable. The breakfast each morning was delicious. We also used the complimentary bicycles which was a great way to see the city. The location is great...close to everything. Definitely the best place to stay while in Charleston.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel is in an awesome location, close to the waterfront and near great restaurants and bars. The hotel staff is one of the friendliest I've ever encountered and could not have been more helpful during my stay. The room was large and comfortable and the bathroom was nice, as well. The hotel has a great breakfast, very reasonable and also a complimentary 4 p.m. wine and cheese happy hour. They also have complimentary bikes that you can check out to explore this compact, easy to navigate city. I visited the rooftop bar on two separate nights but was not terribly impressed with it on either visit. The staff was very nice but the drinks weren't well constructed. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013

A very nice hotel. We stayed on the across the street but the service was great. Wine and cheese @ 4. Cookies and milk @ 9 and having the use of bikes made it very easy to tour the city. Walking distance to most of the attractions and restaurants. A great place and with the special they where running money well spent.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

This little Inn is just fantastic. My wife and I stayed a few nights during to "off" season at a surprisingly affordable rate. The location is perfect. Close to the harbor and easy walking distance to mid town shopping and restaurants. Staff always referred to me as Mr. and Mrs. It was a great stay. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: This hotel is not about the view, it is about the location. Any room will do.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family