“Treat Yourself!”

Ranked #15 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
Tacoma, Washington
“Treat Yourself!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Enjoyed this quaint historic hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly.
Perfect location, walking distance from the city market and the water.
I would have liked alittle more selection for the continental breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mickee111
Nicole T, Manager at The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Vendue and appreciate your kind words about the staff. We are planning to expand our a la carte breakfast menu in Spring 2014. We hope that you will continue to stay with us on any return trips to Charleston.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had stayed at the Vendue Inn four years ago on our visit to Charleston and loved it so much, we decided to return. I received a phone call from the Concierge two days before we were scheduled to arrive to ask if I needed any help booking restaurants or tours before we arrive and I told him we had been there before and we had a good idea what we were going to do but if we had any questions, we would be sure to bring them up to him when we got there.

We arrived on Saturday, November 9th around 5:00pm to check in. The check woman (Becca?) said all the rooms were being booked across the street since they are undergoing a renovation for the next three-four months on their main location.

She also said the rooftop bar would be closing down after that night and we better go up and enjoy it right then. The restaurant was out of several things we wanted because they were shutting down the next day and didn’t want to over stock.

The first night it was very hard to sleep because there was a light right outside of the skylight blaring in to our room. The next day, I asked if someone could come over and fix the blinds that were up there to not let as much light in. The blinds were broken and would not rotate but the maintenance man said he said he would go up on the roof and cover part of the skylight so it wasn’t so bright in our room. The staff really went out of their way to make sure we had a good experience even if they were under construction.

Overall, our trip was good and salvaged, but it was disappointing that the personnel did inform us of all the changes they were going to make to the hotel prior to our arrival.

Room Tip: The main hotel is under construction so there are very limited amounts of rooms in the building acro...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicole T, Manager at The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your review. I’m happy to hear that our staff offered excellent service prior to and during your stay. I apologize that your first night did not meet your expectations, but I'm pleased to hear that the staff was able to provide a solution for the remainder of your stay. I hope that our efforts to update and improve The Vendue will afford us another chance to have you as our guest.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My fiancée and I really enjoyed our stay at the Vendue Inn. I'll start with the location. It's perfect! Once you get checked in, it's easy to leave your car and walk to restaurants, bars, and other sightseeing spots. The staff were all friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The rooms were what you expect at an historic hotel property. That being said, they were clean and well maintained. The furnishings were tasteful and solid. The managers reception around 5pm in the lobby was a nice touch, too. When I return to Charleston, I'm certain I will book the Vendue Inn!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Nicole T, Manager at The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for choosing The Vendue for your romantic weekend getaway! We appreciate your kind comments about our staff. They certainly strive to make sure each of our guests enjoy their stay. We're also pleased to know that our property met your expectations and our manager's reception was an added touch. We look forward to the next time you stay at The Vendue.
Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Between the time we booked our tip and our visit the Anchorage Inn was bought by the Vendue Inn, which is directly across the street. Our booking came with free breakfast. Not sure if the new owners are doing that. In any event, this was a great hotel set in an old warehouse. It is a block from the pier and within walking distance of everything. Take advantage of the rooftop bar across the street in nice weather.

Room Tip: You might want a room on the 2nd floor as you can hear people walking around. Also note the room win...
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

My daughter decided to surprise us at the last minute and drive down from her college in Virginia. The Vendue folks gave us a complimentary upgrade to a much larger room with two beds, a fireplace and complimentary sherry! Wow! My daughter was prepared to sleep on the floor, but instead said "I never want to leave!" Great location, super nice people, complimentary coffee, wine and cheese, and desert. My gosh, you can't go wrong. And, if you need a haircut, ask Robbie if his lovely fiancé Katelynn can fit you in (both my husband and daughter needed haircuts and Katelynn did a great job on both of them). Can't say enough good things about our stay. We live on the other side of the country, but plan to return to the Vendue Inn.

Dear Guest,

As a manager of The Vendue, I wanted to personally thank you for letting us know that your most recent stay went the way that it should and that we were able to comfortably accommodate you and your daughter.

I was particularly pleased to learn that you were impressed with the hospitality of the staff and that we succeeded in treating you like family and anticipating your needs. I am also delighted that Robbie, our concierge, provided you with a level of service that proved noteworthy. Your kudos will be passed along to him and I know that he will be happy to receive your positive feedback.

We are always pleased when guests return to The Vendue and I do hope that you will continue to consider us as your home in Charleston. All of us look forward to the pleasure of your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I booked at the Vendue Inn for two nights and ended up extending my stay to four nights. My room was super quiet, elegantly appointed, and had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The staff was amazing, bending over backwards to make my stay enjoyable. And did I mention the wonderful included full hot breakfast of your choice? The next time you're in Charleston, SC make a date to stay at the Vendue Inn - you won 't want to leave !

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank zetabetsy
dotsi in Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

My daughter flew into Charleston, Oct.16, 2013. Using tripadvisor I checked out hotels, wanting
one in the historic district, centrally located. The Vendue, according to management is about
to close for renovations. It certainly is not a day too soon. I hasten to say the staff was very
warm and did what they could to make our stay better. My daughters room, upon arriving,
smelled of mildew and horse and whatever. It faced the street 2nd story level. She was
moved to another room, much smaller, tv did not work. Repairs were attemped, not success-
ful. This hotel charges premium rates and touts itself as a historic luxury hotel. Be warned
it is certainly old, but it lacks so many things that make a stay memorable. Dinning is ok.
Not special. No refrigerators in room , no snacks, etc. Now, they have wine in lobby in early
evening. Wine is ok, cheese and dips are usually good and milk and cookies in lobby in late
evening. But they cannot handle crowd, not enough room,no place to sit etc. After a long
and tiring walk all over Charleston, you get to your room and relax, who wants to go down
to the lobby and eat cookies and milk. You can bring it to your room, but then you must
dress or never undress . The cookies are ok, not earthshaking. I say all this to say, there
are other hotels much more atune to customer comfort and probably not over $300 A NIGHT.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank dotsi
Nicole T, Manager at The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for your review. I’m happy to hear that our staff offered excellent service during your stay. However, I am certainly disappointed about the issues you experienced with the guest room and the amenities we offer. We strive to make each of our guests stay memorable including our special touches like the milk and cookies. Your experience falls short of our standards and we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please contact us directly so that we can discuss specifics of your stay to ensure that this kind of experience isn't shared by future guests.