“2nd Visit”

Ranked #15 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Anderson, South Carolina
“2nd Visit”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just returned from a 2nd trip to Charleston and stay at The Vendue. The recent renovations are complete and everything is just lovely. However, I must say, my favorite thing about this hotel is the service. Everyone is friendly and professional - and goes over and above to help with every detail. Even the bellman "Mark" remembers your name when he sees you in the hall. We really enjoyed the wine and cheese social at 4:00 p.m. The appetizers were delicious, wine was free flowing and it's a wonderful, fun way to chat with other hotel guests and share experiences. The roof top bar is a great way to end the day. Great place... won't stay anywhere else in Charleston.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debrab454

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We spent one night at this hotel, but had a very nice stay. The hotel has been created from an old warehouse with exposed stones throughout. The location can not be beat due to its proximity to the Waterfront park, trolley stop, the market, and many restaurants. The staff is exceedingly helpful and very polite. Our room was clean, but cozy. I wish there had been slightly more counter space in the bathroom, but they are working within the confines of an older building. I did enjoy the jacuzzi tub, though. We ate breakfast at the hotel and would recommend the beignets.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TripGal25
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My two sisters and I planned a trip to Charleston and stayed at the newly renovated Vendue Inn and we are so glad we did. The Vendue is located close to the heart of Charleston so we were able to walk to just about everywhere we wanted to go including the many fabulous restaurants. The inside of the Vendue is beautiful, our rooms were clean and homey, and the staff were wonderful - attentive to our every need. I would recommend to everyone that the next time they come to Charleston, this is the place to stay. The bar and restaurant was so inviting, you would not need to go anywhere else for great drinks and food.

Room Tip: Second floor was perfect
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I would give this hotel top marks. The rooms are great, the service exception, and the location perfect. The list of extras included is impressive: morning coffee, afternoon wine and cheese, evening cookies, and turn down service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

What an amazing inn. I am usually someone who stays at hotels, but we happened upon this inn when we were road tripping. It was by far the most expensive stop on our trip, but also the loveliest. You felt like you were really taken care of, while not being constantly watched. The rooms had this incredible feel to them and the staff were beyond kind and thoughtful. Such a great location, but really, it is such a great choice to feel almost like you are back in history without the whole like ghost vibe :)

• Stayed July 2013
Crown Point, IN
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I booked a trip to Charleston for our first anniversary. I've been to Charleston before, but I stayed across Charleston Harbor in Mt. Pleasant. For our anniversary trip, I thought it be nice to stay in Charleston proper. After reviewing local hotels, I decided to stay at The Vendue Inn.

We stayed at 19 Vendue Range (not the sister property across the street) in room 215. We also booked at a good time - we received a 30% discount.

At the time, the hotel was transitioning from a bed-and-breakfast to a hotel. It still had that bed-and-breakfast feel, but with no breakfast. At night, they offered guests cookies and milk. Nice touch!

We were promptly attended to by hotel staff and checked in our room quickly.

The room was great! Comfortable bed, old hardwood floors, updated bathroom, etc. It was just enough space for my husband and I. I never heard any guests walking to their rooms, the elevator, or street noise. I was concerned about ghosts - Charleston is known for its creep factor - I never saw or felt anything weird.

The location was perfect. It's in quintessential Charleston. You're by all things Charleston - great food, bars, shopping, waterfront harbor - it's all walking distance. The hotel provided bikes, but we never used them. A couple great places to eat nearby - Pearlz Oyster Bar and Magnolias. I missed Husk, but next time I visit Charleston, I'll be there. Please avoid Hyman's Seafood - disgusting!

There's a bar on top of the hotel. We went up there one night just to check it out. Nice if you're into the bar scene. We also ate breakfast at the hotel. We didn't enjoy it. I would suggest eating somewhere else if you have time.

We parked on the street in front of the hotel on Vendue Range or behind the hotel on Gendron or Cordes St. There was no need for us to pay for parking. A parking garage is nearby, but unnecessary.

I would suggest people stay here if they were planning a trip to Charleston. Of course, this review is from when we stayed in 2013 so keep that in mind. I didn't have any issues like other reviewers.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 215. Since the transition, I don't know what room this is called now?
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Westerly
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We accidentally made reservations for the wrong night, and Robbie the concierge was very accommodating. Our room was clean, and the hotel in general was beautiful. They just recently finished renovating the entire hotel a month ago, so it was immaculate and well appointed. The hotel is covered in beautiful artwork, and they even offered guided tours. There is a rooftop bar, which had views of the entire city, which was a very nice perk. Also, there were milk and cookies left out as a night cap. The pool, spa, and other amenities are at their second property across the street, which was fine with us. We would stay here again. Thanks Robbie.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple