“This is a great hotel in an excellent location.”

The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our first time visiting Charleston SC. The Vendue was perfect for a romantic long weekend getaway. Our room was a bit small and not what we are used to. However, the service, staff, cleanliness, and attention to detail more than made up for the small room. We were extremely happy there. Lastly,you can't beat the location.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Service was impeccable. Everyone from front desk, to concierge, to bartenders, to bell men were all incredibly kind, fast, professional and on point. I was very impressed with that and its my number one thing I look in hotels! Congrats to whomever is training the staff!

The location is PERFECT. Right in the middle of Charleston, couldn't get any better then that!

However, for the price they ask, The hotel himself could use some improvements, the main hotel is very updated but the wing across the street "26 Vendue" where I stayed in could use some major updating. The bathroom is old, moldy and definitely not up to standard to this nice hotel. it is very very poor to be honest. The room is OK but could use some updating as well. No window makes it very claustrophobic.

Rooftop is a PLUS and very cool to have drinks up there!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our 30th anniversary somewhere new to us. I read the reviews online about the Vendue in Charleston, so we decided to book a weekend getaway on June 26th with them. Upon arrival we met Mark and yes he lived up to the great reviews on trip advisor. He was very nice and extremely helpful. We originally booked the king room. Upon up king in the room we left to see the charm of Charleston. We arrived later that evening to our room to get ready for dinner, we found our room was extremely hot. The thermostat read 79 degrees even tough we set it on 67 before going out. I called the front desk they were extremely nice and said they would send someone right up to check on it. After about 30 or so minutes they called back and stated a blown fuse was the culprit and it would be fixed shortly. Meanwhile, it was too hot to get ready for dinner and time was slipping away. I called the front desk and spoke to Alex the manager and explained that it was a special weekend And that the room was to hot to get ready for dinner and inquired as to how long it would take to cool off. He had explained that it may take a little bit due to the temp. I went back up to the room and a few minutes later I get a call from Alex and he offered to move us to a comp suite for all the trouble we have been through. I gladly accepted since we were hoping to eat soon. Well one thing I can say for sure the king suite was absolutely gorgeous and over the top. It was extremely spacious, beautiful, and had plenty of amenities. They even had champagne on ice waiting for us with a nice note wishing us a happy anniversary. I can say the rest of our stay at The Vendue was wonderful. Everyone we encountered overthe course of the weekend that was part of the staff was extremely helpful and nice. They live up to the excellent customer service as listed on trip advisor. We were very pleased with our stay. I think everyone should stay here and admire the beautiful art placed all around the hotel and experience the friendly staff. I would definitely stay again but this time book the suite. It will spoil you!

Room Tip: Book a suite if you can afford it. They are amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim J
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just returned from a 2nd trip to Charleston and stay at The Vendue. The recent renovations are complete and everything is just lovely. However, I must say, my favorite thing about this hotel is the service. Everyone is friendly and professional - and goes over and above to help with every detail. Even the bellman "Mark" remembers your name when he sees you in the hall. We really enjoyed the wine and cheese social at 4:00 p.m. The appetizers were delicious, wine was free flowing and it's a wonderful, fun way to chat with other hotel guests and share experiences. The roof top bar is a great way to end the day. Great place... won't stay anywhere else in Charleston.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debrab454
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We spent one night at this hotel, but had a very nice stay. The hotel has been created from an old warehouse with exposed stones throughout. The location can not be beat due to its proximity to the Waterfront park, trolley stop, the market, and many restaurants. The staff is exceedingly helpful and very polite. Our room was clean, but cozy. I wish there had been slightly more counter space in the bathroom, but they are working within the confines of an older building. I did enjoy the jacuzzi tub, though. We ate breakfast at the hotel and would recommend the beignets.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TripGal25
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My two sisters and I planned a trip to Charleston and stayed at the newly renovated Vendue Inn and we are so glad we did. The Vendue is located close to the heart of Charleston so we were able to walk to just about everywhere we wanted to go including the many fabulous restaurants. The inside of the Vendue is beautiful, our rooms were clean and homey, and the staff were wonderful - attentive to our every need. I would recommend to everyone that the next time they come to Charleston, this is the place to stay. The bar and restaurant was so inviting, you would not need to go anywhere else for great drinks and food.

Room Tip: Second floor was perfect
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I would give this hotel top marks. The rooms are great, the service exception, and the location perfect. The list of extras included is impressive: morning coffee, afternoon wine and cheese, evening cookies, and turn down service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family