“Greatest service!!”

The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Everyone at the hotel was so thoughtful and helpful!! Super concierge- offered to get us dinner reservations without being asked and got great ones!! Hotel is in great location as well. Highly recommend a stay at The Vendue!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I enjoyed 2 nights at the Vendue, 1 for work and 1 night for vacation when my husband joined me. I stayed in an interior (aka no windows) king room. Apparently it is much larger than the queen room, and was a wise choice according to the bellman. There are two buildings (19 and 26 I believe). One has been remodeled to the reviews you've been reading about. I stayed in the older building and found it to have a ton of character although the opposite of the modern chic artsy feel. This building felt medieval-lodge I would say. Having no windows did not bother us at all, and the bed was supremely comfortable. The room is missing a safe, which I found to be strange. It is difficult to discern which building you are going to be assigned to from your online reservation. I would unless make a recommendation to call the hotel if you feel strongly one way or another regarding the building of your choice.

As part of a promotion, the hotel was offering $50 daily food/beverage credit which we cheerfully spent at the gorgeous roof top bar/restaurant. In my opinion, it's the best roof top in Charleston - very large and multi-level. Diverse menu and excellent play list of chill but trendy music. There was terrible service the first night, and impeccable service the second night. The wine and view trumped the bad service and I was happy that we gave it another shot.

Nice touches of coffee in the AM, cocktail hour (which is literally just an hour - could be 2 hours with a little heavier snacks), and milk/cookies in the evening.

Overall, this was a great value of a hotel, and the rooftop cannot be missed. You'll love the location for the dining, taking a morning run around the battery, and the proximity to the long pier/fountain. I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: An unexpected perk of a windowless room was being able to sleep in! As a working mom, I never do th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank TheBelbuts
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Have just returned from first overnight at the marvelous Vendue Art Hotel in Charleston. Could not have been more welcomed by all associated with hotel, beginning with our informative valet/bellman who gave us our tour. What a treasure with the newly renovated hotel, elegant, hip and cool all in one with great art, rooftop bars, tasty, different, and well presented restaurant offerings, and an in house Starbucks in the old press area.
Our room was in the old, restored Vendue, completely different look, quiet and peaceful, cozy and very comfortable. What a find, what a great value especially with the current $50 credit to be used in house bars or restaurants. A perfect experience. Imagine it is found now
M Dunstan

Room Tip: Review fotos with written descriptions. Well done, our room was just as described and shown, and ev...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mddmrs
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Wanted to find a "classy" place for my husband & I to spend a few special days while on vacation in South Carolina. Well we were NOT disappointed. We were told that they recently completed a full renovation of the building and it's spectular. Warm welcome by Ryan the bellman who helped us with everything up to our room as well as telling us about the complmentary sherry on the fireplace. He also recommended local fair & told us to make sure to check out "The Roof Top Bar". Again excellent service there as well & views are great. Because if it being a later hour we opted for a bottle of wine & appetizer. Again, very good. Did not have dinner at The Vendue because we just to busy around town. They also have morning "Starbucks" coffee & tea, nightly wine & cheese tasting across the street at their "sister" hotel. Evenings each hotel has milk & cookies to enjoy! All day long there is infused "cold" water to enjoy in the lobby! The only problem we had for a hot water issue that the manager & maintance tried to fix, but everytime we went to use the shower is the cool at best even when it was all the way to hot. In the end the morning manager made right by removing our parking charged! I'm still giving them a "5" because it is just such a nice hotel! Close to the water, Market & great restaurants! Will go there again!!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary in Charleston. There were so many hotels to choose from but fortunately I picked the BEST hotel by deciding to stay at The Vendue! Not only is the hotel beautiful and updated, their staff is amazing and everyone there is courteous, friendly, and referred to both my husband and I by our names each and every time we saw them! The Vendue's customer service is excellent which made our stay all the more fun and relaxing. It's location was perfect as well. We could walk to so many great restaurants and historical sights from the hotel. However, if we wanted to venture further, the hotel has their own bikes for their guests -- free of charge! The food at the Drawing room was delicious and the roof top bar was awesome. We will most certainly stay at The Vendue next time we're in town!

1  Thank Kristin C
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The Vendue came as a recommendation from some friends of ours.....So I took their advice......My wife and I took a quick trip from Myrtle Beach to Charleston to celebrate her birthday. What a great weekend. The hotel was incredible and the food was awesome. Lastly I cannot say enough about the staff. Top notch. Thanks for the bottle of Champagne for her Birthday. Nice touch....

The Penningtons

Room Tip: Any room would be great. Just need to base it on your wants and needs.
2  Thank BSP65
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We opted for the cheapest, only because we had been on the road for 17 days. It was in need of updating. Staff is first class, but we did have a problem, we asked about dinner and everyone told us to go to the rooftop (Aug in Charleston). We said we wanted to eat in The drawning room, we said this to at least 4 people, finally someone said there was a fund raiser from 5:30 to 7:30. We waited until 7:40 and asked to be seated we were told that it was full. No one said a word, nor did anyone offer to make reservations for us. After we spent over an hour having 3 drinks in the heat on the rooftop, we were turned away. One of the staff overheard and gave us breakfast, but we still had to find dinner.
Next morning, I asked 2 ladies who we had met where they dined the previous evening and Guess what's they got seated 2 minutes after we left the drawning room.
We will not be back.overpriced

Room Tip: Get a larger overpriced room
1  Thank Cheryl K
Pietro G, General Manager at The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear makkkkko2000,
first of all I would like to thank you for choosing The Vendue during your recent trip to Charleston and for taking the time to pass along some much appreciated feedback.
As a historic building, no two rooms are alike in our Hotel and I am sure we will be able to find one that will meet or exceed your expectations. Also please accept our sincere apologies for the miscommunication about our Restaurant.
I hope you will be able to join us again in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best Regards,