My fiance surprised me on the night of our engagement with a stay at The Wentworth -- what a treat it was!!! Everything in the mansion is luxurious without being pompous or stuffy. Everyone who works there is so so so nice and I felt like royalty throughout the stay. The afternoon wine and cheese is delicious with a big assortment of hors d'oeuvres and we sat on the terrace overlooking the lawn. The property feels private even though you're in the heart of downtown Charleston! The view from the top of the mansion is the best view in Charleston!!
We arrived to champagne in our room which was a wonderful touch for a celebration! We slept with surround sound classical music playing through the music system that came in our room (and it was easy to use!) The bathroom was AMAZING!!! I felt like a queen and could have stayed in there all night!
The spa is extremely luxurious and is right on the property, and it wasn't difficult to get an appointment like other hotels I have been too. The pricing for the services weren't exorbitant either and the actual service (I got a massage) was incredible. I am a massage junkie so I know the difference between your typical hotel massage and a massage from a seasoned massage therapist.
And last...the complimentary breakfast in the morning is in a 5 star restaurant! I assumed and would have been pleased with a typical complimentary hotel breakfast...buffet style, mediocre coffee etc... Nope -- this is restaurant seating with a full-service waiter and full menu for us to choose from. AND French Press coffee!!!
I could go on and on.
The Wentworth Mansion is worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wentworth Mansion® is, quite simply, one of the world's finest and most unique inns. A 21-room tribute to Charleston grandeur, The Wentworth Mansion is a historic downtown Charleston inn that exemplifies splendor with Italian crystal chandeliers, hand-carved marble fireplaces, gracious hospitality, luxurious amenities - all just steps from award-winning dining, art, history, and shopping.True to its original role as a private residence, The Wentworth Mansion embraces guests with a warm, intuitive service that is comfort itself. Like the greatest family traditions, it preserves its original intrigue and ensures that each guest is not a mere witness to the magic, but integral to it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Wentworth Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wentworth Mansion Charleston
- Wentworth Mansion Hotel Charleston