“Outrageous price for treasure!”
Review of The Brass Pirate - CLOSED

The Brass Pirate
More attraction details
Owner description: A retail shop and adventure store for pirates, historical enthusiasts, junior swashbucklers, and the curious. We offer kids' toys, shirts, hoodies, pirate hats, baseball caps, flags, and much more. Our best seller is the Treasure Hunt; a historical scavenger hunt for information around Charleston that that whole family will love! Treasure Hunt pricing: 1-4 people = $28 + tax 5-6 people = $35 + tax 7 people = $40 + tax 8+ persons = Two kits + tax Additional Treasure Hunt information: Hunts take an estimated 1.5-2.5 hours depending on the group and if the treasure hunters stop for a break, or have smaller children. Treasure Hunt kits are available everyday, all day. We ask that large groups call to make a reservation. Please call for further details.
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

I really can't rate this store or the treasure hunt. We were in the store for only 5 minutes before high tailing it out of there, scared of by the $30 treasure hunt. The price tag is not openly advertised. I guess I should have called and asked, but I just didn't think that a kid's treasure hunt would cost that much. Beware indulgent parents.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

My husband and I were looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon in Charleston. I had read reviews about a treasure hunt in Charleston that are done through a Pirate Specialty Store..the Brass Pirate. The store is located in a group of shops called Rainbow Shops across the way from the City Market. The store offers 2 types of treasure hunts. 1. A Historical Charleston Treasure Hunt. 2. A more pirate themed hunt along the coast. We opted for the historical hunt. The hunt takes you all over Charleston so be prepared to do some walking. We saw areas we probably would not have stopped at. Also with the historical tour you get to see all the historical places in Charleston. We enjoyed seeing Charleston this way as I got the opportunity to stop and takes photos and explore shops along the way that are not advertised on the main roads. My husband and I are in our mid-20's and had a blast. I would recommend doing the treasure hunt for any age. The cost for the tour is $30, have up to four people, and takes about 2hrs. At the end of the hunt you do get some treasure!

7  Thank dreamtravelz
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Our two boys 13 and 8 had a great time looking for the clues from the treasure map. It was a nice laid back way to explore Charleston and see places you won't see on our own. The boys loved the stop at the fountains and getting the reward at the end at the store. We took our time and had lunch during our adventure. Make sure you complete the answer key so you can be rewarded handsomely.

2  Thank Stewart C
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This place has the best pirate stuff. I was walking around looking for a souvenir to buy when I stumbled upon this place. Its kind of hard to find but they have some great products. Got me a pirate flag.

1  Thank dstreezie
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My two boys, 6 and 3 LOVE this store. They had so much fun looking around and picking things out. We did the treasure hunt and my 6 year old enjoyed it. Lots of fun and the only pirate store that I know of.