US$339
  • Pool
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$215
  • Restaurant
The Meeting Street Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$178
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$356
US$295
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$114
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$136
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$286
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$354/night.

Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$124
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$194
Official Website
US$117
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsking streetfront deskfull size refrigeratorhistoric districtdash busweek stayvalet parkingmeeting streetwithin walking distancevisitor centervalet staffevening receptionclean hotelamazing hotelfree breakfastthe breakfast areasocial hour
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Myself my niece and my other family members had an awesome weekend in Charleston, SC. The clean and relaxing accommodations at the Homewood Suites on Meeting Street topped it off ! The staff were very pleasant and accommodating ....the location was awesome , we practically walked to dinner and sites downtown. The only down side is that the daily parking @ the Homewood Suites is $30 per day !!! I think the hotel needs to reconsider the parking fee and make it affordable.

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor facing the parking lot and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank WDHAtlanta_Georgia
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your gracious response. I am delighted you and your family felt at home while staying with us and the accommodations was to your expectations. As for the parking, we do not owner the parking lot but, I will look into a better solution for us all, in order to better serve you in the near future. Hope to see you again, Cheers.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our family travels to Charleston every year for an extended week end. I book our stay months in advance with the specific hotel staff and we have always stayed at the Embassy Suites in historic downtown Charleston. When I saw that a new Hilton property had been opened in the past year,I was excited that the Homewood Suites might be a bit larger for our stay.
The Monday before we were to arrive on Friday, I contacted the hotel directly to assure my reservation was secured as booked and we were all set. The hotel representative assured me that all was as planned.
On Thursday before arrival, I received my hotel room confirmation from Hilton, By chance, I reviewed the picture of the room. I realized that the reservation was NOT a suite. This discrepancy was important as we had a family guest accompanying us. I immediately contacted the hotel. The only accommodation that was offered was cancellation of my reservation. (Cancellation was not really an option since all hotels in the area were booked). The front desk did advise me to email the manager.After some time, I decided to call him. He said he could not assist me since I booked a “studio” , ( which is incorrect ) and the hotel was also totally booked.
* (I did NOT book a studio - there are no walls in those units. I’m fact, I was not aware that the hotel had “studios”). As a result of this misbooking, our guest was forced to make another reservation across the river.
Please be aware, as this exact room switch scenario happened to our friends who had booked at this same hotel. (If you request a suite - it very well may be a “studio”).
If you are contemplating the Hilton properties in downtown Charleston, I highly recommend skipping this one.

3  Thank Gary C
Andrea W, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review of our property, Your feedback is much appreciated and I will use them to assist our staff in becoming the best hotel that we can be. Thank you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife’s gown was taken from our hotel room and put in the laundry. We spent an hour searching through it will staff went home. Manager in the morning was rude, confrontational and made a range of false acquisitions against me while lying about what his staff had done and what action he’d taken.

Save yourself the worry and stay elsewhere.

I called Hilton to ask for their customer service number and the agent didn’t know how to contact them.

5  Thank rovingdan

Thank you for your review of our property, Your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

An article of clothing of mine was stolen today by the cleaning staff. I reported it at 10pm to the front desk. I requested that the front desk staff look for it in the laundry room and after doing so they told me they didn’t find it. Four staff knew I was looking for this article of clothing. The AGM was called and did nothing. My husband and I requested to look for it ourselves in the laundry and we went back with a new staff member (the shifts had changed over to the overnight staff at this point). She helped us look. The washing machines were running when we went in. This was nearly an hour after we reported this to the front desk. After pulling everything out of the dryers and other laundry bins the washing machines stopped (they are on 45 minutes cycles). My husband began going through the wet laundry. He found my garment. This was stolen and then deliberately hidden by the front desk clerks and ladies in the laundry room in the load of washing to cover up the theft. It was approximately 11:30 pm when we found it which meant the load had be put in when we were waiting for the staff to find it. The staff member that was left to deal with this came to our room and took a picture of where the garment had been so she could see how it was impossible for it to get scooped up with the towels (which were hanging on hooks and towel racks). We always leave our room very tidy so there was no way this could be a ‘mistake’.

Afterward we went through all of our things. I checked my jewelry bag and I have a piece of jewelry missing too, however, I cannot prove that I had it with me. There are no safes in the room so you cannot lock up your documents and valuables. My clothes are all rolled in my suitcase and my jewelry bag was tucked out of sight under some clothes, however, the suitcase was not zipped shut. BEWARE OF STAYING HERE! THE STAFF STEAL AND ARE DISHONEST. WORSE YET THE GM DOESN’T CARE.

Absolutely disgusting Hilton!

4  Thank KDMcan

Thank you for your review of our Hotel, Your feedback is much appreciated and I will use them to assist our staff in becoming the best hotel that we can be. Thank you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's been hard to find a hotel to fit our family of five. Our kids are growing up and now we need to have two rooms for us to fit in comfortably. Finding adjoining rooms that are actually available when you arrive has been non existent until now! Cemone (at the front desk) made it happen! I made reservations in April for our stay in June. Zack told me to call the week prior to our visit to be SURE we could have the rooms we were looking for. Cemone was so friendly and helpful when I called and reassured me that yes we would indeed have the adjoining rooms. We had a king room adjoining a queen with two beds. They are very nice and spacious and we never felt cramped even when all five of us were together in one room to eat dinner. The rooms were very clean and had full sized refrigerators, microwave, dishwasher and two burner stovetop! The closet area had plenty of hanging space too. I don't have any complaints at all! We did not eat breakfast there because we slept in too late! Also didn't get the chance to have the evening appetizers so I can't comment on either of those things. You did have to do valet parking there but that's very common in Charleston. The only bad thing about the trip was the heat!!! That has nothing to do with the hotel and I'm glad we had such a nice cool room to come back to after being out in the heat! Glad to find this new spot to stay when we visit Charleston!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank FayGirl1970

Thank you for your amazing review of our Hotel. We are delighted you had a wonderful stay. I will be sure to inform Cemone on a job well done. Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit in our beautiful city. Cheers