“BEST CHARTER EVER!!!!”

Absolute Reel Screamer Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: This private 2 hour boat adventure is what Charleston is really all about! I'm a native captain, so we'll glide through the uncrowded backwaters of the most pristine estuaries in the country. We'll learn to harvest oysters, catch shrimp and identify local shore birds. Next, we'll find the Bottlenose Dolphins. Having them swim next to the boat is exciting, but if we find them feeding in the shallows it's spectacular! Our next destination is Morris Island where I'll teach you about its rich Civil War history as well as my own family ties to it. We'll then walk its shores looking for shells and artifacts as the sixth oldest lighthouse in the nation serves as our backdrop! So as you can see we have something for everybody on this trip. The dolphins are always here, the beach is loaded with shells, and if you listen hard enough you just may hear the roar of cannons from the past. So come on and join me! You never know what washed up the night before...
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Captain Gresh only takes families/small groups of people, so the trip is totally catered to you! He grew up on the waters he gives his tours on, so he is very knowledgeable of the area and the sea life living there! He showed us how to catch shrimp and took us to Morris Island, where we were able to look for shells and historical artifacts for almost an hour! We found multiple conch shells and about 15 sand dollars. We also saw 7 dolphins- 1 feeding and 3 babies with their moms! He made sure to stop so we could see and enjoy them for a while! This was the best charter ever! Wish we had known about this charter the last 2 times we've been here! Would totally go again!

2  Thank Megan G

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We took a 2 hour tour, and I would love to try the 4 hour! Captain Gresh is personable, knowledgeable, humorous, etc. He has not only learned the history but has lived the history here. We learned more about dolphins, birds, and Morris Island and the lighthouse than I would have imagined. We saw so much wildlife, and he even cast a net at the end to show us how to catch shrimp. Everyone, from ages 6 to 43 had a great time! We will definitely take this tour/excursion again!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is one of the best things we did while visiting Charleston. Gresh was an excellent guide. We learned about the area history and ecosystem, we saw the dolphins swimming and playing, the lighthouse was neat, the beach was very private. I could have stayed there for hours walking and picking up shells. After the tour we went to a Folly Beach beach cafe to grab bite and some drinks. I will definitely do this again when we come back to Charleston. Next time during Oyster season!

1  Thank Sara0578
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My family visited Charleston for a college tour. Our kids are 13-17 so we were not sure they would like a boat trip but thought it would be a nice addition to the trip. Capt. Gresh was a great guide and taught all of us so much about the area in our short trip. My children enjoyed seeing the dolphins, but also loved discovering sharks teeth, sand dollars, and other treasures on Morris Island. I have told everyone I know about what a wonderful time we had on this adventure. We have been lucky enough to travel and have been on many excursions, but this one my children will remember forever. Thank you Capt. Gresh!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was an awesome tour. Privately owned was the best part. Very informative. Would definitely go on this again and will tell others

1  Thank Catbillie2005