“Not for locals only, come in on Wednesday for delicious Southern Fried Chicken Lunch.”
Review of The Griffin

The Griffin
Ranked #8 of 55 Nightlife in Charleston
Reviewed 31 January 2018

The Griffin English style pub in the French Quarter of Charlestons Historic District is fun, good food and drink in an interesting atmosphere. Wednesday is Fried Chicken day, a Blue Plate kind of place and If 10 is Excellent, well The Griffin's Fried Chicken is a 9+. I always leave room for improvement, but none needed here. Lunch was served with two sides, fried Okra and Mac and Cheese w/cornbread all excellent. Sweet tea was my choice of drink and I enjoyed my lunch with good friends. Not rushed. Beth our waitress was the next item of discussion, (not on the menu) Beth gave us impeccable service with her smile and charming personality. I wish all waitresses could be from her stock. Excellent, thanks Beth and Thank You The Griffin, I can't wait for our next visit.

Date of experience: January 2018
in 4 reviews
"dive"
"stapled"

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I hit this place up on our last night in Charleston. My girlfriend had suggested it - seems that she spent a lot of time there in college and it is still fun! They had a surprisingly good selection of beer. Typical pub grub, satisfying food to go with your booze of choice. Definitely worth a stop for a drink or ten!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 8 January 2018

When 9 of us tried to find a place to eat downtown with no reservation on a busy night after Christmas, we ended up at The Griffin. The bartender, who also happened to be our waiter, went out of his way to seat us and make sure we had everything we needed. Standard pub food and not super fast if they are busy, but you can staple a dollar bill to the wall while you wait. :) Highly recommend the wings and the reubens! Very reasonably priced and family friendly. We will be back!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

And all the pirate bar that still maintains its historical charm this was our favorite stop on the pub tour there was a nice selection of beverages the room was smaller but cozy

Date of experience: January 2018