“Now that is a slice of pizza”

Pizzeria Di Giovanni
Ranked #171 of 951 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is my favorite pizza in Charleston, floppy, thin, greasy, NY style pizza. The slices are huge and are served on a triangle of paper, just as it should be. You will not go away hungry, a large pie fills the table. I read the other reviews and agree with the criticism of the service. If Giovanni is behind the counter the service and attitude is great. If he is not there service and attitude is hit or miss. You are not going to get pampered, this is a NY style pizzeria complete with the attitude and fantastic food. But if you manage to find Giovanni's hidden in the Rainbow Market you are in for a fantastic slice. If you are a fan of Chicago style or the kind you get in 30 minutes or less to your door this is not for you. If you are a fan of NY style, there is no better in Charleston.

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

I was in Charleston to visit my daughter and my granddaughter. We went downtown to explore the area and found this place by accident. Good thing, because this place has great pizza! Since there were four and a half of us (the half being my granddaughter), we ordered the 24 inch pizza. It took up the entire width of the table! The pizza was great! Did I mention that the pizza was great?! This pizza was enough to feed a hungry family of four easily. Customers do have a choice to order pizza by the slice. Refills on fountain drinks are fifty cents, but if you order an entire pizza pie then refills are free. If you are hungry, I recommend ordering the full pizza pie. Great pizza and great atmosphere! Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The pizza here is okay. The slices are large, greasy, and thin, with a small layer of sauce and a small layer of cheese. The location is great. It's downtown inside a market, and it's priced well. The hours are great, too. This pizzeria stays open late, so if you want a slice at 2:45am, you can go get a slice.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

A local recommended this to us and it was just what we needed. The slices are HUGE and delicious and it's only $6 for a giant slice and a drink. Perfect for college kids. The staff was also really fun and friendly, and the topping choices are great. Who would've guessed crushed pineapple would be so good on a pizza?

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My family and I have eaten at Pizzeria Di Giovanni twice (once each on separate trips to Charleston). Obviously, we found it good enough once to want to return a second time. If you like big, floppy, NY style pizza (and we do), you'll love this place. Friendly, helpful service and very good, reasonably priced pizza. We'll be back!