“Spectacular night away from the kids!!!!”

Comfort Suites West of the Ashley
Ranked #32 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Our night at the Comfort Suites West Ashley was perfect. We were greeted by the General Manager who was very professional and curteous. Our room was very well decorated, very big and very clean and lead to a wonderful evening on the town, which was only a $16 cab ride to the market. We don't have many trips away from the kids so this was just a wonderful weekend!. Oh, and the Jacuzzi was a nice touch. This hotel receives an A+ in our book Thank you for your hospitality, it was greatly appreciated!!!!

1  Thank Chris081107

Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed here overnight on the latest leg of our tour of the south eastern states. We had a large ground floor corner room with floor to ceiling windows - very comfortable with a 37" flat screen TV and sitting area. With swimming pool, free wi-fi and free buffet breakfast this puts the British budget chains to shame. We found all the staff we met, at reception, in the breakfast room and the maids to be very friendly - we would definitely come back if we were in the area again.

1  Thank instoreman
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Very pleasant stay in a room with a hot tub. Huge room tastefully decorated. Very quiet. Wide screen TV, hot tub microwave & fridge. Lots of drawer space. My wife's first reaction: "We could live here!" Nuf said. Loved the location a few miles from all the auto and foot traffic of the historic area. Only the breakfast was average. Also, the planners forgot to leave enough space for all the cars, so if you are one of the last 30 cars, you will have to "make a space". There is no street parking.

Room Tip: Seriously consider the hot tub rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fastman83
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This hotel was amazing. Comfort Suites is not what people have in mind for luxury but wow its nice. I will be honest I paid 129.99 a night for my room and it was worth every penny. The staff knew the meaning of treating customers like want to be treated. The room reminded me of a suite even though I bought a normal room. The free breakfast was outstanding..offered things other than begals and cereal. Location was ok...centrally located in West Ashley...it took maybe max 15 minutes to get downtown. I could seriously have summed up this in two words SIMPLY AMAZING!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank ryandun
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Clean, clean, clean!!! We were very pleased! The rooms were great and the location was too! The staff was wonderful; especially Mrs.Cynthia that was with the kitchen staff. She was a very nice lady and made the mornings a little brighter with her smile and our little chit chats we would have! She was very helpful too when my kids needed a hand!! The breakfast was good too. We would most definitely stay again!! Thank You Comfort Suites for making our stay in Charleston a pleasure!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank VictoriousP
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My wife had a citizenship ceremony at Middleton Place on July 1st 2011, and since we were bringing our three kids and my mom and stepdad, we needed a central location for all of us. We wanted to be close to Middleton Place (north of the hotel) for my wife's ceremony, close to Folly Beach (south) for our kids, and close to the historic district (east) for my mom and stepdad. This hotel was the perfect spot, 20 minutes or less to each of those three. The pool is small, but since my kids are little it didn't matter much. Breakfast was good. The staff even helped me find my 22-month old when she escaped from the room and got on the elevator by herself. Good stay overall, comfortable clean rooms, good rates, room for 6 with two queens and a foldout couch, no complaints. Thanks!!

1  Thank perkonkrusts
Reviewed 2 July 2011

This was a great hotel...very clean, very accomidating, nice breakfast, and rather close to downtown Charleston, or Mt. Pleasant, via I-526. About the only downside I have is the traffic noise. You are literally surrounded by big highways. U.S. 17 borders the south, South Carolina 7 on the west and north, and I-526 on the east. By using the a/c fan, we could drown out the noise of U.S. 17 pretty good (our room faced the road) at night. But it would be my suggestion to ask for a room away from this street.

We would, however, return to this location on another Charleston visit. It has a great indoor pool, and nice exercise room area. Getting to this hotel is somewhat of a trick. If on I-526, you have to proceed through one red light, and turn directly right at a second, onto U.S. 17 South. The hotel's only entrance is on U.S. 17 South, and you cannot access it from U.S. 17 North directly. You have to go down and U-turn back. To go to downtown Charleston, you have to do the opposite...go down and U-turn at the light on the southeast side of the building.

Don't let this review scare you away. The room we had was first rate, and the staff was very helpful. Just be ready for a bit of traffic noise, and restricted ways into the parking area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family