Comfort Suites West of the Ashley
Priceline
  • Restaurant
US$130
US$124
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$124
All reviewsfront deskindoor poolchoice hotelsdowntown charlestonsales managerthe breakfast areacitadel mallfolly beachshort driveroad noisean easy drivebusiness centersitting areatwo queen bedswould stay here againhistoric districtnice stay
Reviewed 7 September 2011

My girl friend and I left our husbands behind and took our accumulative of five children. Breakfast was great. Hotel workers were so helpful. They were so nice to us. Plus, my friend had taken her wedding rings off, because of her swollen finger, and left them at the hotel. We were about to leave the area and she realized she didn't have them. She called the hotel, and they had them. We were so happy! Not only will you have a great stay here, you can know that your belongins are completely safe! Thanks again for the great weekend vacation. Rooms were always cleaned and beds made when we got back each night!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We spent our honeymoon here and loved it.We found that it was alot cheaper to stay here than downtown.It is not far at all from downtown maybe 15mns or so and also only 20mns or so from Folly Beach.The hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly.We enjoyed the breakfast that consist of waffles,cereal,eggs,bagels, etc. There are a lot of eating choices around the hotel. We got a 2 queen bed suite that had a hot tub that was absolutely wonderful!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank benjaminj1982
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Jepp, it's great! So much value for your money. I would give it 6 points if I could!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My son and I drive by Comfort Suites W/A twice each day on our way to/from school, and he has mentioned many times that he wanted to stay there to “check out the indoor pool”, but I assumed it would never happen. Why would we ever want to stay in a hotel so close to our house?

Then, at the end of last week, the air conditioning at our home went out, and by Saturday morning I had enough of the heat. My son and I headed to the Comfort Suites in West Ashley. Upon arrival, I was immediately impressed. Our room was beautiful! We could not have been more pleased with the comfort of the beds and the cleanliness of the room. The amenities at the hotel were all impressive……I loved the computer center and my son and I both loved the breakfast. My son absolutely loved the swimming pool, swimming for a solid three hours early Sunday morning.

But the real star of this hotel is the staff. I rarely experience customer service on such a high level. From the lady that checked me in on Saturday afternoon that was most helpful and personable, to the lady handling the breakfast area (and cleaning up after all the children that would constantly run through without any parental supervision), to the housekeeping staff that would see my son in the hallway and go out of their way to talk to him (asking how the pool felt, if he needed anything, if he liked the hotel)……we got service and attention comparable to that of a luxury resort.

Kudos to a job well done! The staff deserves recognition!

Room Tip: We had a room with two queen beds....the room was huge! There was a separate sitting area, microwave and fridge.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank amyincharleston
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We stayed at this Comfort Suites before, along with our extended family, and absolutely loved it; so we decided to stay again as a half-way stop on a road trip. As before, the hotel lobby was clean and inviting and check-in was seamless. Our room was spotless, truly spotless, and it was decorated in a pleasantly fashionable style. The beds were comfortable and luxurious. There was an adequate continental breakfast served in the morning. The location was drivably close to downtown Charleston, but definitely not walkable. This hotel is top on our list when in the Charleston area because it is ultra-clean and consistantly a pleasant experience!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family