“Wonderful stay despite the weather”

Comfort Suites West of the Ashley
Ranked #33 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I selected this hotel based on other reviews here & I was not let down! The rooms were spacious with a sleeper sofa, refrig & microwave - great for 4 people although I believe the max occupancy in that room was 6. The front desk was helpful & the breakfast standard for the the chain. The lobby area was decorated nicely & made a great place to meet friends before heading out. The Citadel Mall is less than 5 minutes away. It took about 15 minutes to get to the historic area of Charleston but that mainly because of all the stoplights. It's a straight shot to town down Savannah Hwy & there are plenty of places to eat & shop along the way as well. Everything from thrift stores to Stein Mart, diners & chain eateries right on Savannah Hwy. The Due to the flooding, we ordered pizza & sandwiches from Buck's (menu at front desk) & it was delivered right to our door in 30 minutes. I will definitely stay here again when I visit the area & hope the flooding won't follow me!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Very nice clean rooms. Staff very friendly and helpful. Stayed here for better rates instead of sub par hotels that cost more in Downtown area. Didn't mind the drive. Will definitely stay again on our next visit to Charleston.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My family and I decided to stay here while visiting Charleston. Not only was it only five minutes away from the historic district, but there are a lot of things within walking distance of the hotel. On our last day of our trip, we discovered the Citadel Mall right behind it, definitely a place to stop while you're there. However, if you are looking for a hotel with a pool, look somewhere else. This pool is, while very well kept, not much bigger than an oversized hot tub. If you are looking for a place that is close to the main attractions, stay here.

2  Thank Kaya-Vacay
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Basically I chose this hotel because of the afforadable rates and the reviews given on trip advisor. I was not disappointed it was right of the interstate and very close to the mall. It was a short driving distance from the historic distric. Appearance of the hotel lobby was nice and rooms were good and quite roomy. Only downside was the 11:00 am checkout but they accommodated my group and extended it to 12:00 noon.

2  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Comfortable room, very clean. The spacious bathroom was nice when bringing the whole family. Staff was fairly cool in their dealings. Came back at the end of the day to find door to our room had been left open by staff I suppose. I personnaly closed and checked it when we left. Nothing missing from room, just a bit unsettling. Our room was next to the elevator so we had some noise all night but nothing too bad; otherwise the place was quiet. Pool is small but wet. Breakfast was OK, coffee was good. Met our needs just fine. 3 day stay, price was pretty good. Would likely return.

Room Tip: Stay clear of the elevator. Use the room safe and take your electronics. Check your reservation co...
2  Thank Jim T
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We had a group of 11 that booked two suites. We were cruising to the Bahamas the next morning and we took advantage of CS's cruise package. First let me explain that I had actually booked a room at the Hampton Inn at Isle of Palm until the manager returned my phone call on a Monday that I left on a Friday. I let her know that the staff was MUCH more friendly than the staff at the Hampton Inn.

The hotel is everthing you expect at check in and more. The rooms are immaculate and the staff are super friendly. After checking in we realized that an error had been made and we were booked for three rooms. After speaking with the front desk staff and explaining the error they waived any fee and canceled the booking which was very thoughtful and considerate.

The stay was the best I've had at any Choice Hotel which is where I normally stay on any trip whether it be business or travel related. Give them a shot you will not regret it. To the manager I say that you have trained your employees well and keep up the good work!

Room Tip: The queen suite was spectacular and the pool,fitness, and business center are very helpful!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dukewv
Reviewed 15 August 2012

spent the weekend for 30th birthday; staff were very friendly, (receptionist assisted in finding places for much needed spas and salons, and tourist areas to see) secure system for entry into hotel after hours; room was excellent; free breakfast offered were warm and had a great selection

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
ComfortSuitesWA, Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. I will certainly let our staff know of your fine compliment on our rooms and service. We look forward to possibly seeing you again in the future.