“Nice”

Comfort Suites West of the Ashley
Ranked #33 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed 2 nights, easy to find, and situated on and near major roads, sometimes difficult to get into entrance. Near to restaurants. Reception spacious, and staff helpful and friendly. Room clean spacious, with 1 bed very comfortable, flat screen TV, small separate area with table and chairs. Fridge and microwave with coffee making facilities. Bathroom clean and toiletries provided. Breakfast ok, included cereals, pancakes, muffins, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. Free WIFI , would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marieanddon

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We arrived late and Charlene greeted us. She is a huge plus to this hotel. Friendly, cheerful and welcoming. She is VERY good at her job. The beds were the best of all three hotels on this trip. We really enjoyed our stay and had no problems at all. At breakfast we were served by Cynthia and she was also extremely welcoming and caring. The only problem we had was with other guests who pushed their way around the dining area. They opened one of the meeting rooms for overflow which is rare at any hotel. It was a great idea as the hotel was full. I would recommend and would stay again. Just off I-526 and minutes from downtown. Better than where we had stayed before off I-26 north of Charleston. Stayed on 10/11/12.

Room Tip: We always avoid staying by the ice machine or the elevator so no problems with our room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank GardenGalOhio
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and staff. I will make sure that your compliments are relayed to Charlene and Cynthia whom are great employees and are a great asset to the company. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

When I complained in the am that drunk guests at 3 am swimming in the pool disrupted our sleep I was told that the hotel pool is open 24 hrs. A pool open 24 hrs, that is inviting trouble. I will say that when I called the desk at 3am they said they would make an attempt to get them out and it did quiet down around 4am. The hotel condition was a bit rundown, little mold in shower, scratches on furniture, but it was clean. Breakfast was so-so, I have had much better at Hampton Inns. I guess you get what you pay for. One plus-The front desk staff were very nice and allowed us to check in early.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on 2nd floor next to pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Betsy P
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

I am very sorry that your stay was interrupted by the loud noise coming from the pool area. I can assure you that this incident is very isolated and hasn't occurred before. I will definietly address this with our staff also. Thank you for addressing your concerns and hope that you will come back and see us again.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

We had a very large quiet room Never heard another guest so we assumed to hotel was not too full. Two queen beds were comfortable as was the sitting area. The drive to downtown as only 10 minutes. The staff was helpful and very friendly. We would stay her again.

Te reason I did not score this hotel excellent was the breakfast. The danish and bagels were really stale. We ate at 7 a.m. so the food did not get stale because it was sitting out. It had to be put out stale.

I mentioned thinking the hotel was not too full earlier. Actually the hotel was quite full as I saw when I got back from dropping my husband off- the breakfast area was overly full with overflow seating in a nearby meeting room. I was going to check to see if the bagels were fresher but it was too crowded. The rooms were very quiet considering the crowd!

Room Tip: 204 was quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Betty R
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Arrived at the hotel and was greeted by Charlene - very nice personality
and friendly - made us feel comfortable.
Hotel is clean and close to downtown Charleston.
No issues with this hotel to complain about except parking can be tight when church conventions happen.

Room Tip: Top floors are good
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank huelin44
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Thank you for your kind words concerning one of our employees, Charlene. I will relay your compliments to her. Look forward to possibly seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Fairly new hotel- carpet and furniture didn't look worn. Room was large, well furnished. Comfortable bed. Negatives were stains and repaired tears on bed cover and missing maid service. Everything clean when we checked in, but the room wasn't made up during our 2 night stay (maid came once early while we were in room, told her we would be out in 30 min. Returned 8 hours later to an untouched room.) Desk staff friendly enough. Breakfast basic chain hotel fare.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know about your room . I want you to know that this is not an everyday occurance and is being handled with our housekeeping department.. As you can see by our many reviews is that this is an unusual situation and hope you will join us again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Charlene at the front desk was the cherry on top of a great stay. She greeted us very politely and was pleasant our entire visit. The suite was very tidy and good-smelling when we arrived; the housekeepers maintained the same aesthetics which was apparent when we got back to our rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012