Comfort Suites West of the Ashley
  • Pool
US$263
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$316
US$421
US$258
US$227
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$147
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$121
HIExpress.com
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$262
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskindoor poolchoice hotelsdowntown charlestonsales managerthe breakfast areacitadel mallfolly beachshort driveroad noisean easy drivebusiness centersitting areatwo queen bedswould stay here againhistoric districtnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2013

What a pleasure to find this hotel. We normally stay at Kiawah Island, but due to last minute planning on a busy weekend, it was great! Clean with extremely comfortable beds. However, it was the staff that impressed me most. Friendly and helpful, especially when my daughter left her mobile phone, somewhere on property and dead. The staff member who found it charged it and found my contact to get it back to us. I think most places would have stuck it in a drawer and forgotten about it. Thank you, Thank you! A teenager traveling with her mom, without her phone, is a pitiful sight.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura B
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. Our staff member Christyan found the phone and I will certainly let her know how appreciated it was. I am so glad it was found and all turned out well. Again thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed a couple nights at this hotel in Charleston after carefully researching all options. While the hotel was nothing special, it was clean and very well priced considering its only a few miles to downtown Charleston!
The parking lot was a bit tricky to get into and if there is any event in the banquet room the parking lot becomes a zoo, and parking in their backup area across the multilane highway is a tricky adventure.
Breakfast was good but seating is limited.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Rick M
Reviewed 31 May 2013

All in all my stay here was spectular. Everyone here is so nice and friendly. They make it seem like home; kind of my home away from home. Christyan was very efficient and a fast talker. She helped me out a lot with directions to the beaches and restuarants in the area. She is a plus at the front desk. The breakfast was awesome so much to choose from. I would recommend this hotel to EVERYONE.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terrance D
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Thank you for your wonderful compliment on our front desk representative Christyan. She is quite an asset to our hotel and am glad she made your stay an enjoyable one. I will see to it that your compliment is passed on to her. Thanks again for a wonderful review.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

In town for long weekend wedding anniversary trip with the trophy wife. First off, exterior and the grounds were in great shape! Upon entering the lobby we were greeted! I know that sounds lame, but it is a rarity these days to be welcomed at any establishment. The front desk was top notch head and shoulders above those guys downtown. Always greeted with a smile. Housekeeping staff was super nice. Very nice lady working the desk was always complimenting my wife's hair, which she ate up. Continental breakfast hours seemed to be extended which was great! Most places similar only go from around 6am to 6:15 am. Lot of dorky white people around during breakfast behaving like they didn't know how to make a bowl of cereal without someone holding their hands..it was almost like they were disoriented. Was a little distracting when I was trying to scarf my biscuits and gravy. Then there was this nice young lady with her two kids the one young lad was all like "ma...I wanna be Lady Gaga!!!" over and over...was somewhat disturbing but hey it's 2013... Do You. Can't recommend this hotel enough if you are wanting to enjoy yourself in Charleston and not break the bank. The location is perfect! Easy commute to Folly Beach, Historic District, etc. Thanks to all the staff for a great weekend. Looks like I will be making the trip for business purposes once a month to the Chuck so I'll be certain to book here again. Thanks Again guys!!! Great job! Oh 4 out of five stars due only no hot tub/spa in the pool area totally out of you're control, no biggie.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brentmab2
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We arrived late at night to find no parking in the small parking lot. Upon check in we inquired about additional parking. We were told that we could park across the street because the hotel owns the lot (across a busy 4 lane intersection) or park "on the curbs". There were several cars already parked on the curbs making it hard to find a space. We found one under the awning at the front of the hotel but felt weird about parking there. Once we entered our hotel we found that we did not have toiletries and towels. We called the front desk and they upgraded our room instead of bringing us towels. The lady on duty that night (after Charlene) was very helpful telling us the places to visit, eat, etc. The breakfast is mostly continental with eggs and sausage. A variety of breads and sweets, yogurt, cereal and fruits await you. There is additional seating to the side if there are no open seats in the breakfast area. This hotel is just down the road from a mall and about 10-15 minutes from down town. All in all I would visit again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends