“Couldn't Get The Discount”

Comfort Suites West of the Ashley
Ranked #33 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Couldn't Get The Discount”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

When I checked in the desk clerk charged me $119 per night for 2 nights and $169 for the weekend night on Memorial Day. I told her there was a coupon on the internet for $99 for the first two nights. She told me to have it printed as she needed the coupon in hand. When I tried 3 different times to have it printed in the unmanned business center there were always problems with the printers. So in the ned I didn't get the discount. My other complaint was a very slow WiFi service. Other than that it was a good hotel only 15 minutes from downtown and they have a very good hot breakfast included with the room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I am so sorry about the problems you had with our printers in the business center. We have addressed that situation. Please call me if you are in the area next time so I can work with you on a discounted rate.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This was our first time at this particular hotel while visiting Charleston. We were there for Memorial weekend which was very busy and our stay here could not have been better. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable the person at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. She really went the extra mile. The hotel was quite full so they had an extra breakfast room to accommodate the guests. My husband and I were pleased with our stay and will return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sherry S
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Checked in 05/24, front desk lady was very nice and helpful. Check in was speedy. Room was clean with no odors or stains anywhere. Beds were comfortable. There were no issues of any kind. We didnt try the breakfast though so i cannot comment much there. I did try to get a yogurt from the small fridge that was sitting on the counter, but it was locked.....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jay G
Clemmons, NC
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed overnite for the first time here. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was fresh and adequate for a self-serve. Front desk called a cab for us and the cost was $25 to and from Magnolias Restaurant downtown Charleston. Unfortunately, the cab driver thought we were going to Magnolia Plantation. When we turned through the gates, I immedately said "Oh, no! This is not the restaurant!" Poor fella turned the cab around and said he would have to bite the bullet on that one and not charge us for it. He looked up the rate for Magnolia's restaurant and only charged us the $25. The rate to the plantation would have been $25 if that's where you want to go. :) He was such a nice guy. I felt bad for him. SO...if you want to go to Magnolia's restaurant be sure you make that clear.

Overall, our stay here was pleasant and we were completely satisfied with the accommodations.

2 Thank Donna M
Jacksonville
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I am like the Princess and the Pea, these beds were very very soft. Nice microwave and frig extra pull out couch room darkening curtains it's very centrally located loved it! There was an indoor pool and free breakfast, friendly staff as well.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room away from busy road outside, street noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank FloridaTraveler22
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The staff Laura, Charlene, and head of house keeping Angela made our stay excellent. We were caught in a rain storm on the Harley and check in was not until three or four, got there at twelve. Laura accommodated us right away from parking my bike under the canopy to preparing the room. The room was clean and felt like home. They do everything to make your stay enjoyable. I can't say enough about the staff. I would definitely stay here again for the value and staff.

2 Thank Scott K
Eastern Long Island, NY
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Thank Goodness for this hotel! My wife & I were planning our 1st trip to Charleston & really wanted the 'Old City', 'Historic District' experience. Hotels down in the District were very pricy, so we shopped around, checked other Trip Advisor reviews, & decided on the West of Ashley. Turned out to be a real gem! True, you are NOT waking up in downtown Charleston proper, however the very easy, short drive there is not worth the expense difference. The Comfort Suite is immaculate, someone is definately 'steering the ship'! Wonderful staff did everything they could to welcome & take care of our needs. This was while the hotel was fully booked every night we were there. Charlene treated us like family, a high point of the day was seeing her behind the front desk; where we'd exchange "Good Mornings". She managed that smile & pleasant attitude EVERY time & usually while checking someone in or out, answering the phones, and giving directions to town simultaneously! The rooms are recently updated & attractive, well appointed, & roomy. Our King bed was very, very comfortable. Climate control worked efficiently & quietly; we needed heat & A/C during the same stay. We were on the Rt. 17 side of the building & traffic was barely noticeable even during weekday "rush hour". Swimming pool is clean, well maintained, & surrounded by windows, giving it a well lit; outdoorsy feel. The included breakfast is better than most at this level of hotel. Eggs, fresh waffles made by you, yogurt, good coffee, tea, & juice choices, and several types of bread to toast. Breakfast cereals, danish, donuts, & other pastries round out the menu. It can be crowded in the main area where breakfast is served, but the hotel opens one of their conference rooms to accommodate the overflow. Not a problem. If I had to sum it all up in 2 words, I'd say: Staff & Cleanliness. Stay there & spend the $$$ you'll save on Shrimp & Grits ... you won't be sorry!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple