Comfort Suites West of the Ashley
  • Pool
US$333
US$284
  • Pool
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$284
  • Restaurant
US$422
US$409
  • Breakfast included
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$318
US$251
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
US$413
US$398
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$258
US$227
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$141
All reviewsfront deskindoor poolchoice hotelsdowntown charlestonsales managerthe breakfast areacitadel mallfolly beachshort driveroad noisean easy drivebusiness centersitting areatwo queen bedswould stay here againhistoric districtnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is rather poorly located (not completely their fault) and even more poorly run/maintained. You cannot make a left turn (toward downtown) out of this hotel. You can only turn right, then make a U-turn to head the other direction. They also regularly run out of parking, forcing people to "invent" parking spots in the small parking lot. There is no overflow lot. The facility was clean and nothing in the room seemed to be broken or dirty - however, our room was directly above the pool and noise from the pool was very audible. This could be excused as we were A. granted a VERY early check-in (much appreciated) and B. the pool did not have late hours, so once it closed, the noise was at a minimum. The pool is really just an afterthought -- it looks like they "forgot" to put a pool in, emptied out one of the first floor rooms, and started digging a pool. The room (not the pool, the actual room itself) was not all that much bigger than our double queen + sofa room.

We requested a wake-up call (7am) the night before and we never received it. Good thing we set back-up alarms. VERY poor.

Otherwise, service and amenities were as expected. Nothing fancy, but perfectly respectable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Megan F
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for letting me know about the pool noise and parking. I am very sorry this occurred. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The room was spacious and well kept. The beds were comfortable with down comforter and they also had 2 different choices of pillows on the bed with a note explaining about them which I thought was unique.The shower head is a rain shower which is fabulous with a curved shower curtain. The breakfast was hot and well stocked. They had eggs, sausage and cereals, pastries, yogurt, fresh fruit. The ladies that took care of the breakfast were always polite and worked quickly. The only drawback is that it does get crowded and seating can be an issue. They can open the conference room if needed. The staff were great from housekeeping to front desk! They were very welcoming and conversational. It is convenient to food and downtown is about 15 minutes away. This is one of the best Comfort Suites I have stayed at and look forward to another trip!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room on upper floor and not on highway side for quieter stay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelers292
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husand and I spent last night at this hotel. I had found it on trip advisor so I felt comfortable staying there. The hotel is clean, quiet (even though it was next to a busy highway) and breakfast was a pleasant surprise. I would highly recommend it. We had a room with a king size bed and a sofa which was very nice. The staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca L
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Arrived in room to find significant mold in shower. When I went to front desk to request another room due to mold, I was rudely told that she ( the front desk attendant) would need to look at it herself and also made me wait while she called another crew member to also look. After acknowledging the mold we all went back downstairs and I was the then given another room-with no apologies for the inconvenience. In addition, the new room that I was given had hair on the sheets when I pulled them back. It was very late, and I was was exhausted after a long trip and was too tired to go through the ordeal with the front desk that I had earlier. Disgusting rooms, even more disgusting service. WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Taylor W
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for speaking with me the other day. Again I apologize for the treatment and the problems in your bathroom. This is a rare situation with the bathtub and hope that you will give us another chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites West of Ashley in the past. This is a very clean hotel which offers plenty. The staff are always pleasant and friendly. It's like home away from home. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple