“Definitely going back!”

Henry's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #127 of 898 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Charleston, South Carolina
“Definitely going back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Can't beat the atmosphere of this rooftop restaurant. Absolutely loved it. I had the catfish sandwich and it was amazing!!! Friend had shrimp - also great. Fried Green tomato sand will be next on my list. All food very tasty and extremely fresh. This is the second time we were there and the service it quite slow, by no fault of the waitress. There is no set up on the rooftop, so wait staff needs to go down 2 flights for EVERYTHING (silverware, water, food, drinks, cashing out the bill). Next time I go, I will order 2 drinks at once and sit back and enjoy. Definitely going back!.

Myrtle Beach
“Went there for drinks and enjoyed the live entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been to Henry's a couple of times when I was in Charleston. It was later in the evening. Once I had drinks with a friend. Another time, I stopped in for one drink, and they had a very good band playing. I cannot comment as to the food, because I was there both times after dinner. All in all, I can say I enjoyed myself. It's a good looking bar, and I was lucky to stop in when they had live entertainment. It's intimate enough. so that you can really enjoy the music. They were obviously tourists and visitors from out of town, as well as locals . It's a cool place to have a drink or two, maybe catch some music, and take in the experience.

• Visited June 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Stopped by for a drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Wow after reading all of the negative reviews, I wondered if this was the same place. Stopped by for a drink in mid-afternoon after wandering around the markets. Bartender was personable, inquisitive, and very attentive. Once he found out that we had just arrived in Charleston and were looking for restaurant recommendations, he gave us several that were also highly reviewed by trip advisor. I appreciated his honesty. He also gave us a sample of their she crab soup and corn muffin, and it was excellent. Actually, one of the best we have had in the South. If the rest of their food is as inventive, I would definitely try it. They are up-scaling to become a first-rate whiskey bar with entertainment. It is a work in progress, but worth a visit. But, it is a whiskey bar in the making, probably not the best choice for young families with toddlers, or people waiting to take a carriage ride.

Lexington, Virginia
“New Bourbon Bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Chief bartender is full of baloney about half the time, but he is fun. They do have the best fried green tomatoes I have ever had!

New Bern, NC
“Romantic and did I mention the food was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We asked for the roof top dining but it was full. We were seated at a table on the second outdoor deck. It was a wicker couch with a small table. There was a tarp to offer some shade. We were essentially by ourselves in this very busy hotspot:) The grilled chicken salad was delicious as were the crab cakes and shrimp. The service was beyond outstanding! We can't wait to go back!