“All Good ”

Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 936 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Cumblerland
Transit: Public Transit (bus) stop is located directly in front of the restaurant.
Description: Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar opened in 2009, reviving the former Amen name of Cumberland Street and restoring this historic corner. The new renovation stays true to the beauty of the original 1800's architecture while creating a comfortable atmosphere for contemporary life. Located at 205 East Bay Street in the heart of the historic district this Charleston seafood restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor dining all within walking distance of the local Market and the Charleston Harbor. The menu includes a variety of seafood dishes such as oysters, clams and shrimp in addition to an ever growing raw bar menu. Amen Street supports Charleston's local fishing industry with market fresh fish. We are open for lunch and dinner. Walk-ins are welcome and reservations are accepted as well.
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased with the quality, service, value and ambiance. Crab cakes, steak, shrimp and trigger fish were outstanding. Service was excellent. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We went there for lunch and had a great meal, great service. This was some of the best she crab soup that I have ever had. I had the hot shrimp and crab sandwich which was pretty good. I think the other shining star was the calamari. I have not seen it prepared this way before and man was it great.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Our food was really tasty and very fresh. The hot food was nice and hot, unfortunately something of a rarity these days. The she-crab soup was truly delicious. The roasted beet salad was delicious as was the hot shrimp and crab sandwich, which was a generous helping. It was hot and so were the fries - crispy and light too! Adriana was our very pleasant and helpful server.We found the place by accident as we walked not far from our hotel!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

After reading many reviews here, we decided to try Amen Street during our weekday stay in Charleston SC. Tuesday evening reservations for 730 were made, we arrived & were seated promptly. The waitress was nice, friendly & we ordered drinks, fried green tomato appetizer, yummy, but it was cold & I expected it to be hot, but I thought it was just served that way perhaps. We ordered dinner and when the waitress came back to remove our appetizer plates, she took my knife off the appetizer plate and leaned it on top of my dinner fork (on the table next to my plate). I had my salad fork and knife appropriately placed together across my appetizer plate, and would have preferred she just pick it all up and bring me a clean knife, but if that wasn't possible (not sure why, since the restaurant was far from full), I would have preferred that she ask me to keep my knife and I would have placed it where I wanted it. All during this, she was attentive, kept our water glasses full, etc. when our food arrived, the presentation was superb. My husband's entree, local feied shrimp, was good, except that his creamed corn side dish was delish! I had ordered medium rare tuna, pan roasted but it was cold when it arrived & not cold as in less cooked, truthfully that would have been ok, as in rarer tuna, but it was more cooked than medium rare and the entire piece of fish and the side dish below it were barely warm. My husband and I even noted that the plates were warm but not the food. Flavor was good and the waitress offered to take it back but we declined since my husband was already eating. We will try this restaurant again and see if this was a fluke, really enjoyed the southern charm of the decor and menu options. We'll see how it is the next time we're in town for dinner.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We ate at Amen on a Sunday night. It was half full. Service was great, and food was great, but it took us 2 hours from sit down to leave. We waited almost 30 minutes for our starters and then another 45 minutes for our food. Food is good but not worth that wait. Not sure if they were training new kitchen staff, but no one seamed to come by to explain it.