“Beautiful food”

East Bay Meeting House Bar & Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
East Bay Meeting House Bar & Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 936 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: European, French, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place late at night while walking in Charleston- it had such a pleasant atmosphere, like a French cafe or bar. Small sidewalk tables are nice for people watching. The food was fresh and generous portions considering they were tapas style. Great place for a casual lunch, or in our case a late night snack. Will visit again when in Charleston!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

This place was quaint, the bartender and staff were friendly. Enjoyed my cafe mocha and sitting at the bar talking to girlfriend and her family. The bartender made suggestions for other dinner spots in the area. Would definitely visit this place again when in Charleston.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I would love to leave a review on the quality of food, but am unable to do so due to the baristas social intolerance. My wife and I decided to stop in for an iced latte shortly after touring the exchange building. We had spent the previous four days visiting this wonderful city with it's charming historical structures, hospitable and outgoing residents and incredible culinary establishments. However, this particular young woman found it necessary to insult my wife and I because she found my conservative political tee shirt to be offensive and as such she wished us to leave the cafe, then claimed that people like me were also offensive.......

We reside in MA so I am used to being a conservative living in a liberal haven , but have never had anyone behave in such a rude and intolerant manner. What happened to my right of first amendment. Had my shirt been pro Obama and I had been refused service, it would have been deemed racist. The hypocrisy is decisive and has no place at this cafe.

4  Thank Elisha C
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Our favorite place for espresso martini after dinner. Lunch was delicious. Appetizers very delicious. And you have to try chocolate cake.

1  Thank Maggie A
Reviewed 13 August 2014

the East Bay is a very good place to eat. my family enjoyed it. we went there while walking around the Battery. the food is good. the lady who served us even brought out a bowl of water for our puppy we eat outside. very friendly staff.