“Great Choice!!!”

The Restoration
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I just recently took a trip to Charleston with a group of girls for a long weekend. This was my first experience staying in a boutique hotel. I absolutely loved every minute of it. The location was awesome and within walking distance to all of the most popular locations on King street. The rooms were so nice and there was plenty of space for our big group. The service was exceptional and they catered to our every need. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to come back if given the opportunity.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

The Restoration on King was the setting for an amazing trip I recently went on. Howard went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect. This was my first time staying here, but it definitely will not be my last! I cannot wait to plan another trip to Charleston and more importantly to the Restoration on King!

Reviewed 25 July 2011

The Restoration on King was the perfect choice for my bachelorette weekend! The rooms are beautiful and very spacious – great for our group to gather. Location is perfect for shopping and dining out and an easy drive to the beach.
What fun to wake up to a picnic basket at your door filled with a delicious breakfast, enjoy wine and cheese in the lobby before heading out to dinner, and then have milk and cookies later in the night!
Howard, Eric, and the rest of the ROK staff spoiled us! I can’t thank them enough for making us feel so special during our stay. It was truly a weekend to remember! I can’t wait to return.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

I recently returned to the Restoration on King with a group of girlfriends for a bachelorette trip. I was already in love with this property after a trip with my husband last year. After checking in to the 2 bedroom suites, I could tell that the Restoration truly gets better every year!

Howard and Eric met us at the door with smiles and hugs. I LOVED feeling like I was seeing old friends. Howard makes all of his guests feel like you are staying in his home. He helped us with our bags, escorted us to our rooms and gave us an extensive tour of the space. The rest of our stay was just as warm as inviting - Howard or his staff checked on us each day and accommodated our countless requests.

I would recommend this property to anyone traveling to Charleston. I can assure you that you will love it and you WILL want to go back! Our time at the Restoration was simply perfect from start to finish. I am already planning my next trip back!

Reviewed 20 July 2011

I booked this hotel based on the reviews here at T.A. The reviews are all correct. This small, boutique hotel is amazing. The service is friendly and helpful. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, that was really a very cool loft with a full kitchen, and a view of King Street. We were only staying for one night, but we could have comfortably stayed for a week. Located right off of King Street, we were walking distance from the great shopping and wonderful restaurants of Charleston. Our room was very quiet, even though we were on the 3rd floor, so we could have potentially heard outside street noise. It was over 90 degrees outside, and the a/c worked perfectly (I can't stand when I stay somewhere without good air conditioning!).
There was complimentary wine and local cheese served everyday from 5 - 6, and milk and cookies every evening at 8. Our continental style breakfast was delivered to our door in a picnic basket at exactly the time we requested.
Our only complaint was that we could never get on their internet. We were only there for a day, but it was down the entire stay. There was a "work order" in to get it fixed, but it was never repaired while we were there. Too bad, because they have iPads that you can borrow from the front desk for free, but we couldn't use it.
I would not hesitate to stay at Restoration on King again. I hope to be back in Charleston in the spring, and I definitely plan on rebooking here!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We stayed for one night on a college visit for my son. We were warmly greeted by Marc as he took our car and luggage. From there on, the entire staff was fabulous and friendly. The rooms were incredible, the service phenomenal and the location was perfect. We loved the wine and cheese and the fact that we were able to meet some of the other fabulous guests. The breakfast was also wonderful and delivered as promised in the picnic basket. We will definitely return to Restoration on King on our return visits to Charleston!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I found Restoration on King (ROK) surfing the internet for an alternate choice than the bustling atmosphere of Charleston Place where we stayed at during our last visit to Charleston. It is no exaggeration to say this hotel is an undiscovered gem. With only 15 "rooms" this boutique hotel is exceptional. We were in town to celebrate our anniversary and upon arrival the staff arranged for an early check-in for us. We were escorted up to our room which had a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us in the full kitchen (!). The ROK "rooms" are more like 1 bedroom apartments complete with 1.5 baths and washer & dryer! Yes, there is not a pool or a spa at the hotel, but the gracious staff and other amenities like complimentary continental breakfast delivered to your room daily and a daily complimentary wine & cheese service more than make up for it. And just a block down the street you have full privileges to work out and take classes at Eco Fitness and Blue Turtle Yoga. In addition all of the staff are outstanding, friendly, patient and helpful (with notable kudos to the concierge Eric). In fact, due to some unexpected circumstances I had to move our trip forward a few weeks and Eric honored the lower rate I had booked online even during a higher rate date range. A wonderful bonus is that ROK is a great convenient location just a 30 second walk away from the main shopping on King Street. We will only stay at ROK in the future whenever we visit Charleston!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple