“Loved this funky hotel!”
Review of The Restoration

The Restoration
Ranked #7 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Loved this funky hotel!”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We had a fabulous getaway weekend at this hotel to celebrate our 12th anniversary. The rooms were very urban/trendy with exposed brick, stainless appliances in the full kitchen, and the homey touches--almost like you own your own weekend condo. The bed was super comfy, and the kitchen/bar area was perfect for the picnic basket breakfasts they brought each morning (cheese danish was dangerously yummy but HUGE; yogurt parfaits equally as good but less naughty). We also loved the sectional couch in the living room area-- ideal for reading as both my husband and I were racing through the Hunger Games series and finally had time, without kids, to just enjoy the silence and read with a cup of coffee--ultimate relaxation!

The wine and cheese in the early evening was a thoughtful touch, as were the cookies and milk later in the evening. When we mentioned upon going out that we would be missing milk and cookies, the staff offered to take some up to the room for us for when we returned.

Staff recommended Leaf, around the corner, for lunch one day and it was just great. Also had a fabulous dinner at S.N.O.B. Staff also took the time to help us map out a run saturday a.m. and identified areas in town with concentrations of art galleries.

If this is the newest trend in B&B's, count me in. Restoration on King is hip, tasteful, helpful, and met every need my husband and I had. We will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Scituate MA
Reviewed 15 February 2012

After a little difficulty finding this hotel, the outside sign is very small, we were very pleased to be there. From the outside, the hotel doesn't look like much, but once inside, it is beautiful. The rooms are amazing, huge, well designed. The full kitchen is well stocked, stainless steel appliances, everything you could possibly need. The separate bedroom is cozy and comfortable The staff was friendly and helpful. I loved every minute we were there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DesiScituateMA
marshall, michigan
Reviewed 14 February 2012

My wife and I couldn't be more impressed...beautiful rooms, great staff, wonderful location and all the amenities of a luxury condo. Restoration on King simply is one of the best hotels we've stayed at in the U.S.
....I could go on and on but here's a little story about the staff...we stayed for 5 days and when we left we traveled on to Asheville, N.C. and from there to Cincinnati,Ohio....and finally home to Michigan. We we got home I realized that I left a favorite shirt at Restoration on King. I called them and within 3 days the shirt and two other articles of clothing I left appeared at my door. No charge!!! Fantastic place...loved every minute we stayed there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tyronepowers
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2012

All the pictures online are exactly what you get however as previously mentioned the walls are paper thin ... Like it is ridiculous ... The hotel is super luxerious but when you hear ever word of the conversation of the person on the floor above you this is problematic ... Especially given the price. Needless to say not a good nights sleep. Our room lacked a full length mirror which was a bit annoying.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank girlwithcurlz
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I loved this place. Went for a girls' weekend. It was very clean, had a great location, and was gorgeously decorated. It was SO nice to have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths for the 3 of us. We loved lounging in the den, just talking and catching up and having the space to do so was wonderful. Great idea for a hotel to have apartment-like spaces. The concierge was great, free Wifi, comfy beds, and free breakfast every morning. I deducted one star because the one drawback is that soundproofing is horrible. We could hear people, talking, phones ringing, people walking, etc. Normally this would bother me greatly, but I just discovered a white noise app that is a life-saver when traveling, so it didn't really affect me. But they definitely need to do something to improve upon this- at times it sounded like people were IN the apartment with us, it was so loud. Other than that, a completely wonderful stay and if I return to Charleston again, I will be staying here- with my white noise app!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank cbuie
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Simply put - we loved this place! It easy to miss from the street but when you find it, it's a little gem. The rooms (apartments) are big, the hallways inside the room are long, the kitchen is top of the line, the linens are comfy and the bathrooms are modern. It has a loft feel, exposed brick and silver duct work -- all very cool. The staff is friendly. They don't have room service but bring a complimentary breakfast in the cutest big basket each morning. In the evening they have wine and cheese and at night offer cookies and milk. Just nice touches to make you feel welcome. The only negative was the carpeting in the bedroom was badly stained and needs to be replaced! Big thank you to Virgina and Giovanna for all your help and attention. We'll definitely return!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Came4theweather
siler city, nc
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I went for a long weekend with our 2 year old toddler. We were concerned about taking a small child to such a fancy hotel, but we shouldn't have worried. The staff was great and very accomodating to us. The rooms are very large and have a kitchen (which is why we booked here due to taking our child with us.) The location is perfect. We walked everywhere. I cannot say enough how the staff went out of their way to help us with anything we needed. One night we were simply exhausted (I was pregnant with our second child) and they offered to go pick up our dinner anywhere we wanted. We loved the basket of food in the morning they delivered. It was wonderful to choose what we wanted and then have it delivered to eat at our leisure.

My husband and I are planning on going back and staying there again for our anniversary. You will not be disappointed in this hotel nor the staff.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family