“Beautiful Hotel”

The Restoration
Ranked #10 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Have stayed at Restoration several times and. The property is immaculate and very comfortable. Rooms are apartment style and have more than enough room. Staff is friendly and helpful. Location is in the heart of downtown and convenient to College of Charleston.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CAH20
Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Have stayed here many times over the past 4 years . I always love staying at the Restoration! I feel like I have my own apartment in downtown Charleston. The space is wonderful- all completely restored and so comfortable. The staff is always attentive to any needs. The rooftop is wonderful to have a cocktail and a view of the city before or after dinner. Close to so many wonderful sights and restaurants. You can walk everywhere or take a pedicab. I never even bother renting a car, although they do have valet parking. They also have complimentary bikes, cocktails, appetizers etc!

Every room has a full kitchen, living room and is equipped with a washer and dryer. The apartments are big enough that you can even pick up food from a favorite spot and eat there if you want. It really feels like a home more than a hotel!

Room Tip: Every room is wonderful because it is really like an apartment. Full kitchen, bedroom and living ar...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I love this hotel, we have stayed here about six times. Our son is a student at College of Charleston and we visit Charleston a few times a year. The rooms are always clean and are very stylish. One of the best things about the rooms is that they are large enough to entertain a small group and are very well stocked with nice glassware and anything else you may need. The staff is extremely gracious, attentive and always make us feel welcome. The location of the Hotel is totally ideal. You can easily walk anywhere in Charleston from here. The College is just a couple blocks away. The Restoration also has a couple bikes that they loan guests for free. Charleston is very flat and riding around the Battery is a wonderful experience. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a convenient, upscale, southern experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms are decorated in a similar way, the rooms facing King Street are great for people watc...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I've stayed here several times. The last time prior to this was over 2 years ago. I was surprised to see that the property was sill just as clean and fresh as it was the first time I stayed, I had expected it to be a little worn as most hotels are after a couple years. The employees are very helpful and friendly. The breakfast is even better
than before. It is always thr first hotel I try to book when staying in Charleston, but often I'm disappointed because it is sold out.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I travel quite a bit in a year: Singapore, Hong Kong, Bucharest, London, Istanbul, Dublin, Zurich, Melbourne, Sydney, Prague, Perth and on and on,,,,, but at the top of my list is Charleston, S.C. and on the top of that List of places to stay there is: The Restoration on King. Wow. Do I feel at home, but better when I'm there. A flat, an apartment, a great big open space to dream in as I relax and ponder my next move. Restoration sits atop the mountain as one of the finest places to stay anywhere in the world. And while I encourage you to get out and enjoy Charleston, which is more than amazing....but a divine source of intrigue and imagination.... you will long to get back to Restoration just to enjoy its cool and relaxing ambiance. Nothing better and I've tried everything over the years... THIS IS THE BEST place to stay. PERIOD.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Restoration on King last week while in Charleston for my wedding. Everything about this hotel is fantastic... the location, the staff, the rooms, the decor... everything!! I seriously wanted to move in! I booked our rooms months and months ago and called the hotel on a regular basis to ask questions and they were always so accommodating and pleasant, I even called to request a room with good natural lighting for my bridal make up (crazy bride, I know!) and they made a note of it and made sure my room had plenty of windows. Between my guests and myself we had 3 separate rooms (202, 205, 207) and they were all beautiful! two of the rooms were 1 bedrooms, and the third was a 2 bedroom. Each room had different features but all were amazing! The 2 bedroom was ideal for larger groups, it is where I got ready for my wedding at and we had plenty of room with the photographers, videographers, make up artist and family all in the same space. The staff was so helpful with making arrangements, they even had a bottle of Champagne waiting for us when we arrived and gladly delivered our welcome bags to our guests rooms. I can not wait to come back to Charleston and stay at the Restoration on King again, it is truly a one of a kind. I could go on and on about how great this hotel is, if you go to Charleston and don't stay at the restoration on king you are doing yourself a disservice.

Room Tip: take your glass of wine from the wine and cheese reception up to the rooftop! being surround by all...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Arrived in stunning Chaleston looki forward to some southern hospitality and were not disappointed. Although not looking good from outside, the hotel was a revelation, converted from threefold homes dating back to pre civil war into 16 suites. Our room 208, was wonderful. A big suite of rooms in aloft style conversion. Great high ceilings and spacious lounge/diner/kitchen with top quality equipment and furnishings. The king bed was really comfortable and the shower great although the bathroom not large. The breakfast was a picnic basket of fruit, eggs, cereal, pastries and drinks. The staff were really welcoming and the general manager made an appearance at the complimentary daily wine and cheese at 5pm. He was really pleased to give us the history of the building. There is no parking but valeted parking provided. A special hotel experience in a very special city.

Room Tip: Can only say 208 was great, early risers so the light traffic from 6.30 didn't bother us
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple