“Absolutely aweful”

Ghosts of The South
Ranked #74 of 238 things to do in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: This Tour Company is located in downtown Charleston, SC. And has been in business for approximately eight years. The company offers Ghost Tours nightly of the Historical District.
Greenville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Absolutely aweful”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The customer service was appalling!!! It started storming and we called twice to cancel and he refused. He was completely rude over the phone and we will definately go with a better company!

Visited July 2014
7 Thank brich1997
haunted29401, Manager at Ghosts of The South, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We are sorry about your phone interaction. But we believe their might be a little confusion. Some times guests call the wrong company. Their are 15 ghost tour companies in Charleston. And on the date in question July 15th we had no tours. And the office was closed due to a death in the family. We LOVE our quests and would never be rude.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best tour ever!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I love history and I have lived in Charleston South Carolina almost my whole life. I have been on several ghost tours carriage tours and tours of the plantations and forts. My girlfriend just moved into town and we just had dinner and she said let's do a ghost tour i said sure there fun. Our tour guide(John I believe his name was) gave an exciting tour he is a great story teller and very knowledgeable about the history of Charleston non ghost related as well. I learned something and would definitely do it again.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank drgoff1982
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great guide and tour!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We toured with John the night before last. He is a great storyteller, native Charlestonian and we all, including our teenage boys, enjoyed his tour. We even followed up with visits to a few of the places he mentioned that night but couldn't get into the next day. We definitely recommend the Ghosts of the South tour!

3 Thank cmagda62
Chattanooga
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Simply Terrible. Don't waste your money.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Be prepared to pay $18 per person to walk blocks and blocks of Charleston to hear only 5 ghost stories told by someone who seems to care nothing about the matter. Our tour guide seemed to know just the basics about the stories and was not an interesting story teller at all. After looking up the stories myself, I actually enjoyed reading more on my own than walking block after block for boring stories. I think the tour guide has a lot to do with the good reviews of this company. I hate to bash her, but Cameron was not good. In my opinion to really do a ghost tour in Charleston, read up on stories yourself and visit these sites on your own. You'll have more fun, and save a ton of money.

5 Thank Charles C
haunted29401, Manager at Ghosts of The South, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We are VERY sorry that you did not like your tour. We have been in business for ten years and have built our company on GOOD guides. The guide in question for your tour was new. And everyone knows that to get good you have to start some were. As a result of your feed back this guide will be re-trained. And we hope will become great. Thank you for your comments.
Bainbridge, GA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Interesting Tour”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

It wasn't scary or spooky, but it was very interesting and informative. And our guide, John, was super nice. He's native to the town and has been doing tours since like 1995 so he's very well informed.

Visited June 2014