“Perfect day on the water”

More attraction details
Owner description: Incredible Fishing! Avid Angling Fishing Charters offers Inshore, Nearshore and Fly Fishing Charters to the Charleston, SC Coastal area. Catch Huge redfish, sharks, trout, flounder, amberjacks, cobia, grouper and many more! Trips depart daily and we offer flexible fishing for all levels of anglers and ages. Your Adventures depart from Downtown Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, Isle of Palms, Folly Beach, and Kiawah Island. Backwater/backcountry charters also available if you want to explore areas away from the city. Either way, come along a fishing charter and see what you can catch! If fishing is not your thing we offer sunset cruises and eco tours, including secret spots that most folks don't often get to experience!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had the opportunity to go on a charter with Captain Mike during our recent stay in Charleston. The weather was less than perfect on our scheduled day and Mike suggested we postpone for a better day; so glad we did! We did a four hour trip - started out of a small harbor on James island and after asking Mike in passing if we might see dolphin, he brought us right to an inlet where we saw several dolphin. Very cool :)
We headed to deeper waters and as soon as our lines went in - we started hitting! Sea bass, whiting, lots of fish and lots of fun!
One person in our party was not feeling particularly well and the motion was starting to really bother him - Mike noticed right away and suggested we go to calmer waters; he brought us to a marina for the facilities which made all the difference for our nauseated guest. We stayed inl the harbor in very calm waters at that point and still kept catching fish non stop!
The four hours flew by -Captain Mike provided a great tour / fishing excursion. He's accommodating, friendly and very knowledgable. We'll be making this an annual tradition on our Charleston / Folly Beach vacations!

2  Thank CarrieDavis111
CharlestonFishing, Owner at Avid Angling Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2014

Had a great time fishing with you! I lost your email, if you could shoot me one that would be great! Nice shot of that dolphin by the way! I have some pics from that day as well if you want me to send some.

Hope to see you next year,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was our 5th or 6th trip with Cap'n Mike...it may be even more, we've lost count. Once again his dedication to fishing and insistence that everyone have a great time made this worth every penny.

The smiles on the kids' faces in the pics below say it all.

1  Thank LobstaJohnson
CharlestonFishing, Owner at Avid Angling Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Thanks for posting the pics, Love it!

Mike

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Captain Mike cleared his schedule just for me after my wife contacted him asking if he had room on a charter. I am a disabled veteran and have a service dog, Charlie. Mike made his day available for just me and Charlie. I felt so privileged that he did that. We stayed in calmer waters but still had a great time catching several different varieties of fish.

2  Thank Debbie W

I hope you enjoyed the package I sent. If you are ever back this way let me know and we will get out again.

Take Care,
Charleston, SC

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Captain Mike took us out for a four hour trip this morning. Caught 6 different species, including sharks, a ray, and a few others. He knew right where the fish would be and we were catching instead of sitting and waiting. Truly enjoyable time.

1  Thank kclyle

Thanks for coming out fishing!
All the Best,

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first fishing charter. Capt Mike took us out on a 2hr charter and we had a blast! We caught several sharks and a couple sting rays and some whiting. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone looking for a day of fun!

2  Thank Brandon8807

Sharks are here! Got a monster the other day. Thank you for the review and I hope you liked our most recent charter. Let me know what you liked best between the both trips and I will do my best to replicate or exceed next time you're in town!

Mike