“Last dinner of our stay in Charleston”

Pearlz Little Oyster Bar
Ranked #144 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melville, New York
“Last dinner of our stay in Charleston”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

And it was by far the BEST. My wife and I were saying how disappointed we were in the restaurants we chose. Then, we went to Pearlz, which was off Savannah Highway, near our hotel. We were heading back there to pack, and stopped by Pearlz. (We did not go to the one downtown, but, saw it). My daughter's wanted hotdogs off the kids menu. They had just sold out, so the manager gave them both Chicken Nuggets, which came with Chips, AND she brought them mac and Cheese at no charge. I had a wedge salad (VERY GOOD...cold and crisp) and my wife has NE Clam Chowder, also very good. We also then both ordered buckets of mussels. I think Pearlz cleaned out the entire bay for our plates. There were so many of them, so it was definitely a "good deal". This spot is in the suburbs of Charleston (sort of) and not downtown. But, if you're in Charleston, I highly suggest you go to one of these two locations.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jeffreyred

Gastonia, North Carolina
“Extra special attention”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had a great meal at Pearlz tonight. Loved the boiled Shrimp appetizer, the cocktail sauce had a nice bite. Entrees were grilled Mahi Mahi that my husband (not a fish eater) really enjoyed. And I ordered the whole roast Snapper, where they kindly removed the head and tail for me. However, after a few bites, I found I wasn't very good at removing the bones. Our waitress Ashley saw I was having trouble and offered to change out my order. She took away the offending fish and gave me a menu to choose another dish, but before I had time to make another selection, Chef Rob came out to speak to me personally. He asked questions to figure out exactly what I wanted and offered to have the snapper completely deboned. A few minutes later the perfectly prepared snapper was set before me - the rice and asparagus were wonderful compliments to the fish. Great customer service, a lost art, but not lost at Pearlz

• Visited July 2014
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Easy, terrific service, yummy food!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We slid in just before 7 hoping to get the Happy Hour deals and Sara took great care of us! We were seated fairly quickly but she had already taken some orders for us to get us in under the wire. The raw oysters were wonderful (even at the end of June)! We also got a few other appetizers: Fish Tacos, Fried Shrimp, Fried Oysters. Even hubby was impressed with the tacos (I always love them) and the shrimp and oysters were melt in the mouth good with a little crunch to boot. Glad we got there when we did as it filled up pretty quickly. We would certainly go back to this wonderful little place when we go back to Charleston. Thanks, Sara!

• Visited June 2014
south carolina
“Nice very late lunch”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

They are known for their oysters but prefer to eat mine in the winter. Had the cod sliders with homemade potato chips. It was cooked to perfection! Others in our party had the mountain trout special, hamburger, and shrimp and grits( fried shrimp that looked more like tempera). Everyone enjoyed their food. Waitstaff was very attentive.

• Visited May 2014
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Little Oyster Bar, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you so much for dining with us at Pearlz Little Oyster Bar! We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We look forward to serving you again very soon!
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
“Great seafood lively atmosphere.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Good choice if you like a variety of seafood served by knowledgeable people. 4 of us split a variety of seafood appetisers and draft beer for the evening. All tasty, well spiced and not overcooked. Tried a dozen local oysters as well as a variety of others they had from the USA and Canada. Steamed shrimp was just right as were crab cake appetisers. I will be back next time I am in Charleston. Easy location out of crowded downtown.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank James H
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Little Oyster Bar, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you so much for visiting us at Pearlz Little Oyster Bar. We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope to see you again very soon!