“Worst service I've ever experienced”

Tabbuli Grill - Mediterranean & American
Ranked #226 of 933 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Upper Concord Street
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I live in Charleston and I use to love this place. I went last night, and had to worst experience! Our server, Caitlyn, was the worst. My friend and I had one drink and when we were finished we ordered another round. We waited for over 45 minutes to receive our drinks just to have her come over and ask how they were. We explained we had still not received them and told her again what we had and she tried blaming it on the bar. (We were drinking vodka soda and a rum and coke - nothing complicated.) We then proceeded to wait another ten minutes for the drinks and when she came back by empty handed we said forget it and just bring us our check please. She came back with the check and then proceeded to sit with the table next to us and start to dance with the guys. When she dropped off the check she even said "oh I only charged y'all for the one drink." WE ONLY HAD ONE DRINK in about 90 minutes. My friend had to go to the bar and get his own change so we could leave cash for our bill. I am a server in the Charleston area and this was seriously the worst thing I have ever experienced. I don't believe I will ever go back unless it is to the bar. She was the worst.

There are newer reviews for Tabbuli Grill - Mediterranean & American

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The staff is very friendly and I love the new looks with the new furniture. The food is good and I recommend it to all my friends. I would recommend Tabbuli during restaurant week (three course meal for a great price).

Reviewed 12 February 2014

friendly bartender with a good selection of sheesha and hookah hookup. The entree i ordered , touted to be kibbe feta mediterranean/lebanese was VERY mediocre. Menu not inspiring, and I know of what i speak as i was raised in the mid-east and schooled in Italy/Greece. Good location and the bartend said the bands and night time action was great, but can't attest to that. Will say that the numerous heat lamps probably create a warm outdoor venue during the colder winter months in Charleton. Lunch crows mid week consisted of 5 people.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have gone to Tabbuli on multiple occasions and each time I have had a different experience. The service is pretty inconsistent sometimes its great other times you are not sure if anyone even knows your at a table waiting. They have a pretty decent drink menu but they are kind of pricey. If your into hookah this is the place for you. Its fun to watch other people smoke the hookah but the small definitely gets to you after awhile if your not used to it or if you do not like it to begin with. I wish there was an option to sit near it or away from it or have a hookah lounge/section like most places do. Maybe they do and I have just never been offered another option? Who knows. But overall I would say I will continue to return to Tabbuli but its certainly not first on my list when I am choose a place to go.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was looking for to something other than the seafood and southern cooking that Charleston excels at and came upon Tabbuli Grill. Mediterranean food is a favorite of mine and also a kind of food I assumed was pretty easy to get right (not so, apparently). First of all, we did not order any entrees, so I cannot speak to those. The food is not terrible by any means, it is just so bland that nothing stood out to me. My friend and I shared 4 or 5 appetizers for lunch and none of them were especially memorable. My friend liked it more than I did, and I prefer spicy food, so perhaps that was why I wasn't fond of it. The setting is very nice, with a Caribean feel. Outdoor seating is available. Service was good.