“Family Vacation”

and up
Ghost and Graveyard Tour in Charleston
Ranked #91 of 233 Tours in Charleston
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Save your money...You can do your own walk through. We could have done just as much on our own as to pay someone to tell you a small story on what we could have found ourselves.

1  Thank davbarfinney

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Good tour when you first get into town. Lots of history. Bulldog tour company is definitely a cut above.

Thank Craig and sheil... B
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Geordie Buxton was our walking guide. He has that "likeable" factor and really good story teller. He kept the whole group engaged which I was initially worried about since there was about a dozen and only one guide. He knows his facts and a published author, so I took notes on the items which really peaked my interest. The fun continued after I got home by reading more of the things Geordie shared during the tour. Loved this tour and left wanting more. Thanks for making our trip to Charleston more memorable.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Ed Macy is a fabulous story teller. While my husband and I were in Charleston we took both of Ed's tours - his day time history tour and the ghost tour at night. While both were fabulous, I personally preferred the history tour. The ghost tour was not scary enough for me, but would be great for a family with kids as Ed keeps it light enough for children to enjoy. Ask for Ed's card - there is a skull on it and his title is "Raconteur" (meaning: a person who tells anecdotes in a skillful and amusing way). It sums up Ed perfectly. Neither tour was too long or taxing - a very easy walk. If you stay at the Courtyard Charleston Historic District, the concierge, Kevin McQuade, will be able to sign you up for Ed's tours.

1  Thank Jen S
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Halloween night we wanted to do something scary while in Charleston and thought for sure a graveyard tour would be frightening. Our tour guide was a good story teller, but her stories were too long and NOT scary. We walked and stood around for nearly two hours and we only made it to one graveyard. So boring! Don't waste your time.