“Ghost Walk disappointment” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ghostwalk

Ghostwalk
Ranked #83 of 219 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Ghostwalk is Charleston, South Carolina's 1st Ghost touring company, since 1979. You will stroll through Charleston's French Quarter and hear local ghosts stories and legends. Our tour could be the highlight of your trip! We will make you think twice about haunts!Our senior guide has been on A&E for her paranormal expertise on the show "Flip This House". The Georgetown episode you will see "Trish the Paranormal Expert" checking a home in the historic district for paranormal activity. Tricia was also recognized as one of the most fascinating people in Charleston along with Steven Colbert and former Mayor Riley! You will have the best time with us as we love what we do. We love our tourists, if it wasn't for you we would not do what we love! So come on the best Ghostwalk Charleston has to offer an enjoy an evening with us! You are guaranteed a great time as we focus on quality and not quantity. We would rather you enjoy yourself instead of hire just anyone to give a tour. So book your tour with a True Charleston Born and Raised Company! God is Always Good
Cookeville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ghost Walk disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Terrible!!! We were so excited to go on this ghost tour but ended up being extremely disappointed. Our guide was more focussed on telling stories from past tours rather than the the creepy history of Charleston. Example: "A boy on one of my tours saw a ghost here." The end. No ghostly tales or historical facts as to why places were haunted. We walked around for an hour and fifteen minutes without learning anything. When she pulled out her iPad and showed us her "ghost radar" (which is a bogus free app) we decided it was time to go and left the tour early. Waste of a perfectly good evening and a waste of $32.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank Taylar N
CharlestonGhostwalk, Owner at Ghostwalk, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
We cannot please everyone and we apologize for your feelings about your tour. You were on our Monday night tour and we called our other patrons to see what they thought of the tour. All of the other parties really enjoyed the tour and they couldn't believe anyone would have had a bad time. The tour lasted 95 minutes not 75 minutes that night. We have no idea about your statement " "A boy on one of my tours saw a ghost here" The end"". That was not said. You may come on another tour with another guide free if you'd like. We always give the history of the ghost in the story or there would not be a story. Again we apologize and God Bless

Mount Pleasant
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Things DO go bump in the night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Had some out of town guests in and they wanted to do a "ghost tour" downtown, had heard nothing but good things about Ghostwalk of Charleston so we gave Trish a call...we were not disappointed, her storytelling style was engaging as well as informative, I learned things about Charleston I had never heard and I've lived here all my 50+ years! From her Gullah stories and accents you could tell she was from Charleston and truly LOVES what she is doing. Very entertaining and lots of fun, don't miss it!

Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Highlight of the evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I was mesmerized by the things that happened on our tour with Tricia! First off I really didn't believe in "ghosts" until after this tour!!! We went on the 8pm tour last Monday and I am still in awe of the things that we heard and saw. Let me say this, I have been on many many tours and this guide was the tops of them all! I wish the tour lasted longer! She really does know how to captivate a group and kept my thorough attention the whole way through. She's really funny too! I took a photo of the graveyard and got red and blue rods running through it. While we were there Tricia was talking to a spirit named Richard and as soon as she asked him to "give us a sign you're here" there was at that exact moment a huge sound that came from the bank machine AND my camera SHUT OFF! The whole tour jumped and Tricia said that he must be really active tonight. I chose this tour because of the reviews on tripadvisor and sure am glad I did! This was so much fun and it is very hard to keep my attention and Tricia did just that. Great job Tricia you are doing the right thing and it certainly shows! We really enjoyed it and I was the lady that showed you the pictures of my old house in the mountains! Keep on doing what you're doing it shows in your tour!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Ellen S
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great stories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Tricia gives a great historical tour of Charleston! Four of us went on the tour and we all loved it. Tricia's stories are wonderful - spooky without being scary. She really brought the history of the city alive. I highly recommend the Ghostwalk tour!

Visited August 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Boo hoo!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

We had a difficult time deciding among companies offering ghost tours - we chose poorly when we selected Ghostwalk. The tour was a waste of a perfect Charleston evening and $32! The highlight was the "ghost cone" we purchased at the ice cream shop across the street BEFORE the tour began. We spent a painfully excruciating hour and a half walking in a limited area and viewing laminated pictures of "spiritual activity" taken on previous tours. We watched from the other side of the gate while other tours walked in the graveyards. Our tour guide was pleasant and would have been perfect as a children's storyteller or reading at a poetry club, but she simply did not work as a ghost tour guide. Skip the tour and have dessert at Toast or Kaminsky's!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Patricia H
CharlestonGhostwalk, Owner at Ghostwalk, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Please contact our office with the date, method of payment for your tour, and I will gladly reimburse you. We would like to know your guides name and the tour time too. We apologize to you. The guide may have had an "off night" and Ghostwalk does not tolerate that.
God Bless