“AUTHENTIC CHARLESTON GHOSTWALK”
Review of Ghostwalk

Ghostwalk
Ranked #80 of 232 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Ghostwalk is Charleston, South Carolina's 1st Ghost touring company, since 1979. You will stroll through Charleston's French Quarter and hear local ghosts stories and legends. Our tour could be the highlight of your trip! We will make you think twice about haunts!Our senior guide has been on A&E for her paranormal expertise on the show "Flip This House". The Georgetown episode you will see "Trish the Paranormal Expert" checking a home in the historic district for paranormal activity. Tricia was also recognized as one of the most fascinating people in Charleston along with Steven Colbert and former Mayor Riley! You will have the best time with us as we love what we do. We love our tourists, if it wasn't for you we would not do what we love! So come on the best Ghostwalk Charleston has to offer an enjoy an evening with us! You are guaranteed a great time as we focus on quality and not quantity. We would rather you enjoy yourself instead of hire just anyone to give a tour. So book your tour with a True Charleston Born and Raised Company! God is Always Good
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I went on the Ghost Walk Tour on a Thursday night, our tour guide, Tricia, is an authentic Charlestonian, if anyone knows Charleston history or ghost stories, it would be her. She did an amazing job of bringing the historical southern Charleston vibe to the tour, with old southern accents dating to the Civil War era and spoke in authentic "Gullah language" (something I had never heard). Amazing story teller, genuine, and truly a lover of Charleston history, epecially the history of ghost sightings. We had some action on the tour; heard clinking noises in an empty ball room at the Mills House hotel and the bank teller machine near the grave yard kept going off without anyone there; which really is not possible without movement by the sensor. She had us all believing! (and did a great job of incorporating humor with the story telling, keeping it spooky but entertaining) CHOOSE GHOST WALK WALKING TOURS!

There are newer reviews for Ghostwalk

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Terrible!!! We were so excited to go on this ghost tour but ended up being extremely disappointed. Our guide was more focussed on telling stories from past tours rather than the the creepy history of Charleston. Example: "A boy on one of my tours saw a ghost here." The end. No ghostly tales or historical facts as to why places were haunted. We walked around for an hour and fifteen minutes without learning anything. When she pulled out her iPad and showed us her "ghost radar" (which is a bogus free app) we decided it was time to go and left the tour early. Waste of a perfectly good evening and a waste of $32.

6  Thank Taylar N
CharlestonGhostwalk, Owner at Ghostwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

We cannot please everyone and we apologize for your feelings about your tour. You were on our Monday night tour and we called our other patrons to see what they thought of the tour. All of the other parties really enjoyed the tour and they couldn't believe anyone would have had a bad time. The tour lasted 95 minutes not 75 minutes that night. We have no idea about your statement " "A boy on one of my tours saw a ghost here" The end"". That was not said. You may come on another tour with another guide free if you'd like. We always give the history of the ghost in the story or there would not be a story. Again we apologize and God Bless

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Had some out of town guests in and they wanted to do a "ghost tour" downtown, had heard nothing but good things about Ghostwalk of Charleston so we gave Trish a call...we were not disappointed, her storytelling style was engaging as well as informative, I learned things about Charleston I had never heard and I've lived here all my 50+ years! From her Gullah stories and accents you could tell she was from Charleston and truly LOVES what she is doing. Very entertaining and lots of fun, don't miss it!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I was mesmerized by the things that happened on our tour with Tricia! First off I really didn't believe in "ghosts" until after this tour!!! We went on the 8pm tour last Monday and I am still in awe of the things that we heard and saw. Let me say this, I have been on many many tours and this guide was the tops of them all! I wish the tour lasted longer! She really does know how to captivate a group and kept my thorough attention the whole way through. She's really funny too! I took a photo of the graveyard and got red and blue rods running through it. While we were there Tricia was talking to a spirit named Richard and as soon as she asked him to "give us a sign you're here" there was at that exact moment a huge sound that came from the bank machine AND my camera SHUT OFF! The whole tour jumped and Tricia said that he must be really active tonight. I chose this tour because of the reviews on tripadvisor and sure am glad I did! This was so much fun and it is very hard to keep my attention and Tricia did just that. Great job Tricia you are doing the right thing and it certainly shows! We really enjoyed it and I was the lady that showed you the pictures of my old house in the mountains! Keep on doing what you're doing it shows in your tour!

2  Thank Ellen S
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Tricia gives a great historical tour of Charleston! Four of us went on the tour and we all loved it. Tricia's stories are wonderful - spooky without being scary. She really brought the history of the city alive. I highly recommend the Ghostwalk tour!