“Great venue for Music”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great venue for Music”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We regularly go to the Charleston Music hall to see the Jazz Artists of Charleston (we are season ticket holders). The Music hall has really done a wonderful job of catering to music and i think that this is one of the best medium-music venues in the city. Sound is great no matter where you are seated. Bathrooms are spacious and clean and handicapped- friendly.

Visited May 2014

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
195 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Excellent venue for Charleston Jazz Orchestra.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This is my second time at the Charleston Music Hall for Piccolo Spoleto. The first time was several years ago to see Jeff Daniels and now to see the Charleston Jazz Orchestra. I liked the option of getting general admission or for an additional $10 being able to have a reserved seat in either of the front 2 sections. I opted for the latter and had excellent seats right on the center isle. Although this is an old theatre, it is well maintained with more than adequate bathroom facilities for its size. The acoustics were excellent and the performance of the Charleston Jazz Orchestra excellent. Since this is their permanent home, I plan to attend some of their future performances at this theatre.

2 Thank Stucolco
Whittlesea, South Africa
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“BETWEEN FEASTS!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Our first experience at the Charleston Music Hall came back in October (13) when we enjoyed a great comedy performance as a surprise from our son. Now we are looking forward to our next event on December 29 when the Blue Dogs host their 25th Anniversary concert. This time we're VIP back stage and meet the artists! Cool. The Music Hall is clearly set up for public performances of all shapes and sizes. From a one man reading to a stage filled with musicians the Music Hall hosts them all. The second floor lobby area is sufficient for small crowds and special offers with a genuine buzz from a few people. If your favorite artist comes to town you can feel confident that Charleston Music Hall will give them a fine venue to perform.

Visited December 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Good lineup!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Charleston Music Hall offers a good lineup of different artists and attractions. From comedians to dance groups - the variety is really attractive. The sound (for music) isn't always the greatest (mostly just the design of the hall) but it's never impacted my experiences there. I've had a great time - and there really is no bad seat in the house.

Visited November 2013
Charleston, SC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Small venue, great show”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I've lived in Charleston almost a decade now and I had never been to the Charleston Music Hall until recently. I was there for a Tony Lucca & Brendan James show that unfortunately wasn't well advertised (not a lot of people at the show).

I really enjoyed the show there. It is a definitely a small venue, which I love, and lent itself to a great show because of it. There really isn't a bad seat in the house and I thought the sound was excellent. It would be a really excellent place to see a play due to good visibility of the stage from many angles.

The lobby is really small, so I can imagine it can get crowded for a large show.

You can also reserve the hall for private functions. It's next door to a host of restaurants on John and King Streets so its easy to grab a bite before or after a show.

Visited November 2013