“No call, no show, continued”

Knot @ Work Fishing & Site-Seeing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Inshore/Nearshore and Offshore Fishing Charters,Eco Tours,Dolphin Tours,Shark Tooth Hunting, Site-seeing and Shuttle service to barrier Islands. Family oreinted excursions for all ages. Visiting Charleston, getting on the water and enjoying the best of what Charleston, South Carolina has to offer.
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Simply put, communication wasn't fantastic.

I was told I would get a phone call the day before our trip. I did not get a phone call that week at all.

A text message that says the weather doesn't look good (two days before the trip) does not equate to a cancelled trip.

I understand the weather is not in control of anyone's hands and I respect safety on all grounds, however I would have appreciated an official cancellation message or phone call of our trip prior. This comment and review is based on communication not safety/weather.

1  Thank rita-pita
"bachelor party"
"shem creek"
"great guide"

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked a trip with Captain Robert based on the endless positive reviews that he has on TripAdvisor, Google, and Facebook. We had a charter booked for 10/10/2018 from 130pm - 530pm. We knew going in that our plans could change because of Hurricane Michael.

That being said, we landed on Monday and texted Capt. Robert and he said "It's not looking good." and then said that he'd call us on Tuesday. We never heard from him on Tuesday. Wednesday at noon, we never heard from him, so my girlfriend texted him about payment methods and never heard back.

As we hadn't been cancelled and the weather where were was sunny and hot, we spent $30 on an Uber and arrived at 125pm. Capt. Robert wasn't there. We called and texted several times with no reply. Finally, at 230pm (1 hour after our scheduled start time) we got a text saying that charters are cancelled through Friday due to a small craft advisory.

Meanwhile, we watched several charter boats drive by us.

Once we learned that our trip was cancelled, I began calling every nearby charter company in the hope of getting a last minute trip. We we're successful, and caught a lot of fish in the back waters.

Obviously based on his pictures and reviews, Capt. Robert catches fish for his clients. However, if you want a guide that communicates effectively and isn't going to waste your time, I'd look elsewhere.

1  Thank pvbehr920
knotatwork, Owner at Knot @ Work Fishing & Site-Seeing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

First of all, the client did have contact with me the day prior to an approaching hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico and I told him it didn't look good for the scheduled trip. Hurricane Michael was approaching and there was a small craft advisory, gale warning, tropical storm warning and hurricane watch for the Charleston area on the scheduled day of the charter. All boats that ventured out off the docks of any port in South Carolina were doing so on their own risk. All insurance carriers would not cover anything that may have happened to the boats, captains or clients that fished on the day in question. Normally, I don't respond to reviews, but on the essence of safety there was no chance that I was going to take out a fishing charters anyway. Hope this helps anyone who gives me the opportunity for a fun, memorable and safe trip on the water.

Thanks, Captain Robert Olsen, Knot @ Work Fishing Charters.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Have fished with Robert Olson many times over the last 6 years. Always catch fish. Most recent trip we caught trout,flounder,redfish,blackdrum,sheepshead,bluefish,lady fish and a few more species. Some of the biggest trout I've ever caught. He even caught some beautiful large shrimp on the way back in which he sent home with us. Always courteous and professional. Great with kids,beginners and experienced fisherman.

1  Thank ReelPeace
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We went on a half-day fishing trip with Captain Robert. Could not have asked for a better fishing trip. Caught tons of fish and had a great time with Captain Robert.