“Nice selection of local craft beer”

Charleston Crab House-Market St
Ranked #53 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: "Southern Seafood and a DARN Good Time"
“Nice selection of local craft beer”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I recently dined here with my family. They have a very nice selection of local craft beer and I enjoyed my Westbrook One Claw. Our server was very friendly and helpful. We appreciated that we were able to order a single blue crab so our son could try one. We also ordered some baked oysters for an appetizer. For our main dish we split the grilled trio of mahi mahi, shrimp, and scallops. The food was pretty good and the portion sizes generous. I’m not sure I would go back with all of the great seafood places in Charleston, but I enjoyed the meal. If you really want a good selection of local craft beer, it is worth a try.

Thank Cruise,J.D.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Fantastic Food and service, not just a tourist joing”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

. I have to bluntly say, I love this place. To be centered in the middle of down town Charleston's tourist district one would never know it. The food is fresh and excellently prepared. The portions are large and reasonably priced. The beer selection is fantastic. If you get the chance ask to sit in Savanah's section, she will keep you laughing through your entire meal

Birmingham, Alabama
“Alaskan Snow Crabs are Awesome!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a 4 day stay in Charleston and ate at some nice places, but this is the only Restuarant that we went back to a 2nd time. The Snow Crab was awesome and so was the shrimp. Great side dishes and their Southern Grits were the best we had in Charleston. The service was good and dining on their upper deck overlooking Market Street was a treat. There were 4 in our group and we all agreed that this was our favorite place to eat.

Visited July 2014
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Ate on the patio. I had the grilled shrimp and my husband and four year old daughter shared the crab pot. We all enjoyed the food. The shrimp were delicious and the smashed potatoes are excellent. The service was very good as well. Would definitely go back if we return to Charleston.

Pensacola, Florida
“fast service and food”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

we split a steam pot because we had a large lunch. Perfect amount of food. Not too large and not too small. Very good.

Visited July 2014