“New Chef, New Menu Outstanding”
Review of Osteria la Bottiglia - CLOSED

Osteria la Bottiglia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great wine bar with savory Italian plates! Easy feel like you are sitting in a small, local bar in a Tuscany. Informal with just the right ambience!
Charleston, South Carolina
“New Chef, New Menu Outstanding”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I liked it before; Massi has always had authentic and delicious food at his restaurants. The new Executive Chef Michael Perez has created a fantastic new menu of small plates. I ordered the Raviolo and it was delicious--when I cut into it a beautifully runny egg yolk popped open and gave a richness to the wonderful, fresh pasta. Wow. My friend had the Agnolotti pasta and loved it. Great wine selection and many other choices. We'll be back.

• Visited April 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
“If you want to feel you are in Italy....”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

If you want to feel like you are dining in Italy, try this restaurant! All pasta is made in house - it is absolutely a delight! The cheese plate was beyond any I've had anywhere - the choices, the presentation, the taste - all fabulous! We enjoyed mussels as an appetizer and they were plump and fresh! The raviolio with the egg yolk center was unimaginable! I have never had anything like that before and the waitress had recommended it, so we tried it! The service was excellent, which for me, enhances the meal l00%! We were seated in the back area of the restaurant and it was just the right noise level and allowed us to have conversation and great wine! They have quite a nice wine list! Great experience!!

1 Thank suefromcharleston
NJ
“quiet dinner”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

pasta made from scratch (4/day) was great.
if you eat near the bar it can get loud. Service was genuine.

Visited March 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Small, quiet and wonderful”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Was referred here by a local. They make their own pasta which tastes so fresh. I had the Raviolio which as the menu states includes an egg yolk. It was excellent; the ricotta was smooth and creamy & the egg added a nice flavor. Of course, I love eggs. I liked that you can order a half or full portion. We sat at a tall table with the bartender as a waiter. He was wonderful and attentive. My husband had the meatballs which were light and flavorful.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just walk on by!”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Horrible staff -- rude, arrogant and only skilled at making excuses rather than making it right. reservations mean NOTHING to these people. I live in Charleston and love our restaurants. This place is a disgrace to our city.

1 Thank B0gie