“Yuck !”
Review of Osteria la Bottiglia - CLOSED

Osteria la Bottiglia
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Great wine bar with savory Italian plates! Easy feel like you are sitting in a small, local bar in a Tuscany. Informal with just the right ambience!
Westfield
“Yuck !”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This restaurant was lovely and smelled great....but while the waitress raved about how authentic the food was, I've had better meals at Wendy's. I read the reviews and can't believe the raves. This was our experience....the menu was extremely limited..the chef makes 4 kinds of fresh pasta every day and all food is cooked to order....sounds good right?....when my husband asked to have the tomato basil dish on something other than angel hair, he was told no...if he wanted the other pasta he would have to order the chicken thigh dinner W/pesto sauce....he doesn't like pesto but could not have any other sauce on the pasta. He settled on Raviolio ( large ravioli with an egg inside) Which he said was ok but not really good. We were given 1 small flat saucer (size of the bottom of a wine bottle) with Plain Olive oil for 4 people to dip bread...which was pretty dry and tasteless. The meatballs were the size of Robin's eggs and the consistancy of raw meat without any flavor.....I could go on but you get the idea.When I go out to a nice restaurant I want delicious food...this was not even close. I don't understand where the excellent ratings came from...this was not like Italy. The best thing I can say is nobody got sick !

• Visited April 2013

southern US
“What a find!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stumbled upon this place while walking around in Charleston. It is a narrow romantic room with lovely little lights. It is a place for small plates, not large meals. We enjoyed everything we tasted - salads, a crostini selection, cheese plate, a pasta. The service was helpful and not snooty. We'd love to go there again.

• Visited December 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“New Chef, New Menu Outstanding”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I liked it before; Massi has always had authentic and delicious food at his restaurants. The new Executive Chef Michael Perez has created a fantastic new menu of small plates. I ordered the Raviolo and it was delicious--when I cut into it a beautifully runny egg yolk popped open and gave a richness to the wonderful, fresh pasta. Wow. My friend had the Agnolotti pasta and loved it. Great wine selection and many other choices. We'll be back.

• Visited April 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“If you want to feel you are in Italy....”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

If you want to feel like you are dining in Italy, try this restaurant! All pasta is made in house - it is absolutely a delight! The cheese plate was beyond any I've had anywhere - the choices, the presentation, the taste - all fabulous! We enjoyed mussels as an appetizer and they were plump and fresh! The raviolio with the egg yolk center was unimaginable! I have never had anything like that before and the waitress had recommended it, so we tried it! The service was excellent, which for me, enhances the meal l00%! We were seated in the back area of the restaurant and it was just the right noise level and allowed us to have conversation and great wine! They have quite a nice wine list! Great experience!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank suefromcharleston
NJ
“quiet dinner”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

pasta made from scratch (4/day) was great.
if you eat near the bar it can get loud. Service was genuine.

Visited March 2013