“Homemade Pasta!”
Review of Osteria la Bottiglia - CLOSED

Osteria la Bottiglia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great wine bar with savory Italian plates! Easy feel like you are sitting in a small, local bar in a Tuscany. Informal with just the right ambience!
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Homemade Pasta!”
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Went here while on the Charleston Culinary Tour. We had an amazing dish of pasta with pesto, walnut and tomato. Good wine list. Intimate, warm atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013

USA
“Promissing, but promise not delivered...”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Went to check it out as we had seen the reviews and it looked promissing. Our reservation was handled professionally, our table was ready when we arrived and the setting is charming.
The waitress attended to us right away and we got our nice bottle of red and water right away. The wine list is well assorted, but not over the top. The menu is limited, but it is an Osteria, not really a restaurant. We had an excellent soup and the cesar salad was nice too. Unfortunately the meatballs were a complete let down, no taste, luke warm and the sauce was so, so. My wife's pasta must have been sitting in the kitchen as everything stuck together and the taste was average at best. The highlight was the Tajarin. Truly fresh pasta and very delicious. However, all of the above would have been ok or acceptable would the mains have come out in time. After our starters we waited almost 20 minutes for our waitress to attend to us and remove the first course plates. Once that was done it again took for ages until our main finally showed up. The staff apologized and said the order had been lost, but that did not make up for it as we then had again wait for our waitress to ask for our bill. So, two out 5 dishes were truly great, the rest mediocre, the service was truly bad. Good atmosphere, but a bit pricy. No reason to come back.

Westfield
“Yuck !”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This restaurant was lovely and smelled great....but while the waitress raved about how authentic the food was, I've had better meals at Wendy's. I read the reviews and can't believe the raves. This was our experience....the menu was extremely limited..the chef makes 4 kinds of fresh pasta every day and all food is cooked to order....sounds good right?....when my husband asked to have the tomato basil dish on something other than angel hair, he was told no...if he wanted the other pasta he would have to order the chicken thigh dinner W/pesto sauce....he doesn't like pesto but could not have any other sauce on the pasta. He settled on Raviolio ( large ravioli with an egg inside) Which he said was ok but not really good. We were given 1 small flat saucer (size of the bottom of a wine bottle) with Plain Olive oil for 4 people to dip bread...which was pretty dry and tasteless. The meatballs were the size of Robin's eggs and the consistancy of raw meat without any flavor.....I could go on but you get the idea.When I go out to a nice restaurant I want delicious food...this was not even close. I don't understand where the excellent ratings came from...this was not like Italy. The best thing I can say is nobody got sick !

southern US
“What a find!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stumbled upon this place while walking around in Charleston. It is a narrow romantic room with lovely little lights. It is a place for small plates, not large meals. We enjoyed everything we tasted - salads, a crostini selection, cheese plate, a pasta. The service was helpful and not snooty. We'd love to go there again.

• Visited December 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“New Chef, New Menu Outstanding”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I liked it before; Massi has always had authentic and delicious food at his restaurants. The new Executive Chef Michael Perez has created a fantastic new menu of small plates. I ordered the Raviolo and it was delicious--when I cut into it a beautifully runny egg yolk popped open and gave a richness to the wonderful, fresh pasta. Wow. My friend had the Agnolotti pasta and loved it. Great wine selection and many other choices. We'll be back.