“Around Charleston”

Charleston Bicycle Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private and group 1, 3, & 6 day bicycle tours of Charleston,Beaufort,Savannah and their environs.Includes luxury accommodations,excellent meals,licensed guide,van support,and fun/small groups. Come cycle past historic homes on quiet streets through quaint towns and surrounding islands and experience the charm of the Low country shown by an 11th generation South Carolinian.
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My wife and I arrived a day early so Alex provided info for a nice extra ride as a warm up to our three day trip. Alex and Karen were more than guides they were hosts, and gracious at that. Alex's knowledge about the area was incredible. As Northerners we gained a new perspective on Charleston and the lowcountry history. Be prepared to eat and eat well. Picnic lunch had great local treats and found us asking for recipes. Saturday dinner at Circa 1886 was a very polished finale to a great trip.

1  Thank GBK5
bikecharleston, Owner at Charleston Bicycle Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Thank you for your very positive review. What a full long weekend we had with activities, great food and company. Glad you were able to stay another day and complete your 62 mile bike "After the Bridge Run Ride"! Please come back and see us in the Low Country!

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Our group ranged in capabilities and age, so Charleston Bike Tours developed a beautiful route and special customized day to meet everyone's needs and skills. The young folks were able to go faster and farther while us oldies chugged along. Charleston BIke Tours also arranged for two fascinating tours of a tea plantation and fish hatchery that was of interest to all. Plus a delicious lunch prepared by Alex and eaten under the gazebo. Altogether a delightful journey. Charleston BIke Tours planned ahead and anticipated all of our needs.

1  Thank PaulMikado

Thank you for your great review. Karen and I enjoyed being with your fun family of 12!! Please come back and see us :)

Reviewed 11 December 2012

My wife and I recently enjoyed a three day tour with Alex and Karen through Charleston and the islands to the north and south of the city. We hit the tail end of the biking season and Alex was very accomodating running a tour just for the two of us. We stayed at the Charleston Place which was lovely ,centrally located , an easy walk to restaurants and shops. Alex chose a number of great restaurants for our evening meals in particular I had my best meal all year at FIG. The city itself is very interesting and having a guide with the enthusiasm , perspective and historical insight that Alex has was a wonderful bonus that we hadn't anticipated.

Biking through the low country we visited a tea plantation, the Angel tree , met some fishermen , picked oranges off a tree for a snack, really had a good time and some exercise too.

I think this bike tour is an excellent way to combine an active holiday with some sightseeing in a beautiful part of the world. Echoing the other reviews here I would like to emphasize the warmth and charm of Alex and Karen which added so much to our enjoyment of the trip.

1  Thank mondaylunch
bikecharleston, Owner at Charleston Bicycle Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Andy, Thank you for your kind words and insight. Karen and I enjoyed being with you and Marie very much! We feel very fortunate to have clients like you and all the others, many who have reviewed our tour . Please come back to experience more of Charleston's charm ,try a some new excellent restaurants and have fun exploring Savannah with us.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

I highly recommend the Charleston to Savannah trip to anyone who is interested in having fun, learning some history, experiencing some local culture, getting some exercise, eating at terrific restaurants, sampling Alex and Karen's gourmet picnics, and staying in nice places. Karen and Alex go to great lengths to ensure everyone has a wonderful time. It doesn't matter whether you are a fast, average, or slow rider. They make it work for everyone and think of everything. The bikes are nice and comfortable. As we were in the airport about to depart for flights to different parts of the country, my friend and I wondered when we could do another trip with Karen and Alex! I have bragged about them so much next time my husband and some other friends want to go too.

1  Thank Elizabeth77002
bikecharleston, Owner at Charleston Bicycle Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Thank you for your outstanding review. It was a pleasure to have been with y'all. We are enjoying our trips to Beaufort and Savannah so much, we think we are on vacation too!! Please come back and bring your husband and friends.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

My wife and I recently spent a week with Alex and Karen Graham doing the low country bike tour of Charleston, Beaufort and Savannah. My wife has recently adopted biking and was a bit apphrensive about doing a group tour. Our concerns were quickly set aside! Alex and Karen are the definition of Southern hospitality! Riders of all levels were happily accommodated!
Alex was able to impart a wealth of local knowledge with an historical perspective that was always facinating. His choice of accommodations and restaurants and homemade picnic lunches truly made this trip a first class experience! Thankfully the biking helped to balance the eating. The bike routes were well planned, safe and beautiful! We enjoyed wonderful weather even with hurricane Sandy churning up the ocean offshore. This was our first trip to Charleston and we have decided we need to return. We feel we have made new friends!

1  Thank Robert N
bikecharleston, Owner at Charleston Bicycle Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Thank you for your five star review! As was said ,"Your timing for the tour was excellent." What a fun week touring Charleston, Beaufort and Savannah inspite of "Sandy." The weather, scenery, food and fellowship were great. Glad you've decided to return to Charleston...will keep y'all posted of our upcoming new tours.