“Very nice hotel for the money”

SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview
Ranked #32 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
“Very nice hotel for the money”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We spent 4 nights here.we wanted a place with fridge and microwave in the room, breakfast, and free wi-fi, and this fit the bill. Beds were very comfortable, rooms were very clean, and housekeeping kept the room well stocked and clean. Breakfast was good most days, the juice machine was almost never filled when I was trying to get juice but other than that it was a well stocked buffet. We enjoyed the use of the downtown shuttle , would have liked it running earlier but hey not the end of the world. We did find that most nights the shuttle driver did not maintain the pick up schedule from downtown, which was frustrating . Definitely a good value considering how expensive the in-town hotels are plus those all charge for parking, which this one did not. We would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Korean first
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here in September and finding the location really convenient I decided to stay again with my wife and some friends. I knew that they were in the middle of an upgrade and confirmed that it would not be a problem.
The staff was extremely helpful, the updates were well appointed (still on going), the breakfast quite nice and if you have an odd numbered room you have a great view of the marina.
One added feature is the FREE evening shuttle that will take you downtown and back so if you are concerned about going to dinner and drinking and driving you have no worries.
It may be just a small thing but it is a nice touch.
I will definitely stay there again and certainly recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Don C
Katie R, Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Don C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a lovely review of the hotel with other travelers. We truly appreciate it! We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities offered including our hot breakfast & complimentary evening shuttle to the historic district. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the staff for a job well done! We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Charleston. Until then, take care!

Yours in hospitality,

Katie Register
Sales Manager
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We booked 2 rooms for my husband and myself and relatives. Everyone enjoyed the quiet location and roomy little suites. We walked down to the river just steps outside the hotel. It was packed for breakfast but the food was good. One weird thing happened. My daughter lost an earring while she was wearing it the first day. The second day she saw it on the divider where the hot food is located! Evidently someone saw it and put it there! We have stayed at the Residence Inn next door and that is nice too. We just got a better rate at Springhill Suites this time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AnnC576
Corbin, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

If you don't want to pay the high price of downtown but still convenient this place is perfect. We stayed during spring break and loved it. Spacious rooms that were clean. Just a short drive to town, beaches and only about 20 minutes to plantation homes. The breakfast bar was satisfying. The workout room was good to finish the day off right. Overall great place and definitely will be back!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tanya S
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 6 or 7 times and it got a much needed renovation. The guest rooms are bright, cheery and spacious. I thoroughly enjoyed my king suite. The hotel staff were attentive and friendly.

Room Tip: 311 overlooks the marina.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bacon864
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Staff was wonderful! We had reservations for an upcoming medical procedure at MUSC. Plans changed on a dime and we had to come in a few days earlier in more of an emergency situation. The staff was so accommodating and helpful to adjust our reservations. Whatever we needed was provided. Rooms were very clean, location was fantastic with easy access to get to MUSC or even head over to Mt Pleasant for dinner. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for only one night, but was impressed with everything during my stay. I looked at tons of hotels and was prepared to spend a lot more to be in the historic district, but after I found this hotel, I couldn't justify the expense or hassle. The convenience of the shuttle to and from downtown Charleston was a HUGE bonus - it was great to not have to worry about finding parking OR paying for it. I think the front desk worker's name was Erica - she checked me in and promptly called to make sure I was pleased with my room. The lady who helped with checkout was equally as kind and thorough.

***Again, the FREE shuttle was the best part of the stay. I later found out the other hotels in the Marriott chain charges $8.00 PER PERSON for the same service.

I really enjoyed the space of my room that faced the marina, and the king size bed was awesome! I can't say enough good things about my stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: The shuttle to and from downtown Charleston was FREE - I later found out the other hotels in the Mar...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel