Residence Inn Charleston Downtown/Riverview
US$285
US$258
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$284
US$409
  • Breakfast included
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$307
  • Restaurant
US$254
US$225
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$282
US$250
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
US$446
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbedroom suiteevening shuttlefront deskfree shuttleshuttle servicefolly beacha pet friendly hotelhistoric districtthe sofa bedminute drivethe staff was extremely friendlyeasy accessyogurtevening receptionearly checkfree breakfastnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights and found the hotel to be very clean and the rooms to be surprisingly nice. I did not know that this was a pet friendly hotel so when I entered and saw this I was not happy and expected the place to smell and be filthy. I did not find that to be the case at all. The room had a full kitchen. I used the fridge, the freezer and even the dishwasher and all worked like you would expect. Also had a full sink and microwave. The main room had a nice flat screen tv and plenty of space and functional seating areas. The bedroom had a queen bed and another flat screen tv. They also gave you more channels than most hotels which I liked considering it was a Saturday night and I wanted to watch some sports. My only critique was that somehow ESPN 2 kept going in and out which was a bit frustrating as I was watching the USC Florida game. The bathroom was clean and very good and there was a nice sized laundry room right on my floor. While I was not thrilled with the price, I did realize that I was staying in downtown Charleston. All in all, I recommend this hotel and would go back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael W
Katie R, Manager at Residence Inn Charleston Downtown/Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Michael W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your travel experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate you taking the time!

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that our suites perfectly fit your needs. Our spacious rooms, full kitchens, and flat screen HD televisions help us offer our guests all the comforts of home. Regarding our pet policy, we charge a $100 plus tax non-refundable pet fee. This fee is used towards the all day de-allerzination cleaning process in our suites to ensure the utmost cleanliness. For even our guests that are highly allergic to pets, you would never know that we allow furry friends to stay at the hotel because our guests' health and cleanliness is our number one priority.

Thanks again for the wonderful review and for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston Downtown/Riverview. We hope to welcome you back next time your are in Charleston. Until then, take care!

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We only booked for one night via the hotel website on Trip Advisor. Great AAA rate. They were very welcoming, Wine/beer tasting early evening with pretzels. There are special events every night, one is a complementary BBQ. Beds comfortable but only a queen and kind of small for us. They run a free shuttle every half to hour to downtown Market Place with same schedule for p/u, very convenient. Runs until 11:30 at night. Breakfast was amazing and included. Eggs, sausage, grits oatmeal with condiments ( brown sugar, raisins, nuts, granola, grated cheese for eggs or grits). Great start to finish our car tour of the States going home!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Larry C,

I hope all is well with you in beautiful California!

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities offered including our amazing hot breakfast and complimentary evening shuttle to the historic district. Regarding the queen beds, we are scheduled to undergo complete room renovations beginning in early 2014. During this renovation, all of our studio suites will be equipped with king sized beds. I hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future-- perhaps on your next tour of the states! We will have a king bed ready for you!

Thanks again for the review and for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston Downtown/Riverview. Until next time, take care!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I are huge fans of Residence Inns' and have stayed with them in most parts of the country however this is the first one in which we were actually a bit disappointed.

PROS
Location was excellent for exploring the Charleston area and the free evening shuttle to the downtown historic district was a major plus for many folks.
Our early check-in was efficient and we were given an unsolicited room upgrade. All staff encountered were friendly and professional and we were especially impressed by the hard working dining area ladies observed who were in constant motion tending to the breakfast and evening appetizer bar.

Cons
This property is badly in need of renovation (which we understand from another area RI is scheduled). Carpets, finishes, paint, furnishings etc all
showing wear & tear.

Our tub faucet constantly ran (not dripped) and when I asked to be moved the desk agent said the hotel was booked and since someone needed to take it they would credit $50 off my bill which I accepted. I understand that plumbing problems do happen however this was obviously going on for some time judging from the shear flow and from the lack of surprise by staff. The property also needs a good airing out as a generally stale/food smell permeates the hallways/common areas. This tells me a lot about management's lack of commitment to maintenance.

Bottom line, this property is certainly not unacceptable however for the environment experienced and value received it is not up to the standards of other RIs we have enjoyed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear nwesterner2,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your honest and opinioned review regarding your stay with us. It is with sadness and regret to hear that you experienced problems during your stay with us and that they were not rectified properly.

Since your stay with us, we have tested all of our suites and have fixed any leaking faucet issues. This issue is unacceptable as as leaking faucet it not only an annoyance, but a waste to our environment. I do apologize if you feel as though the situation was brushed off, but I can assure you that it was not. Guest satisfaction and comfort are our number one priority and we are constantly striving to better ourselves so that you feel as though you are truly at your "home away from home". On another note, we are scheduled for multimillion dollar room renovations beginning in early 2014. From seeing the renovation plans, I can ensure you that our rooms will be stunning, state-of-the-art, and will not not disappoint.

I hope that you are able to give us a second chance so you can see for yourself the changes we have and will be making during the renovation. Please contact me if I can personally assist with your reservations. Thanks again, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Room rate includes the breakfast buffet (including yogurt, fruit, breads and muffins, cereal, oatmeal, ham and eggs), free coffee all day long, and a happy hour in the evening. Tonight, in addition to the free wine and beer, there was chefs salad, fruit salad, bread sticks, tea, lemonade, Caesar salad, pretzels, and other munches. There is a free shuttle to the downtown historic district every evening. Why stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott rewards member, you can request a free upgrade.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2013

No room service for two days. Housekeeper told us to put our dirty linens in the hall. Spoke to manager and he assured us that our room would be the first to be cleaned today. Still waiting at 2:30 pm. Terrible.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family