“Great hotel!”

Residence Inn Charleston Downtown/Riverview
Ranked #39 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed for three nights. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Every staff member that we ran into, weather a maintenance person or a front desk clerk greeted us. The front desk had easy to follow directions to every attraction and restaurant that we wanted to see as well as a shuttle to downtown.
The breakfast that they served was a great benefit and the food was very good.
The room was very clean and well stocked. We used our "no service today" sign for our whole stay and still had plenty of supplies. The beds were very comfortable as the room temperature was easy to control.
The kids had a great time in the pool, though the crowd at the pool made me a little uncomfortable with the kids. It seemed as though everyone was smoking, and drinking a little too much. The pool crowd was building a pyramid of beer cans along the side of the pool. Though a little loud, there was no trouble or I would have contacted the staff.
Don't let the name of the hotel fool you......it is not downtown, though close by and they offer a shuttle in the evenings. And though it is near the river, you can't see it from the hotel...but I knew that prior to going, because I read a trip advisor review prior to going.
The hotel is also not far from the airport and there are tons of attractions nearby.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter where your room is as you can't see the river.
1  Thank Diane D

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights prior to leaving for a cruise out of charleston! The staff was incredibly helpful with everything and anything and couldn't have been any nicer! Where can you stay that provides not only breakfast, but beer, wine and food such as bbq chicken, burgers and hot dogs in the evening, and all form fee? You can't beat that! They had games by the pool and even gave prizes! Such a fun time! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will try to find a Residence Inn to stay in when ever I travel again. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeri452
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel has had way more amenities for free than any other hotel I have ever stayed in. They offered a free shuttle service to go to downtown Charleston and they also provided grocery shopping for you. The breakfast provided was also very top notch. They provided hot foods, while most hotels only provide foods like cereal and rubber-like scrambled eggs. The market place in the hotel had everything you could ever need and they don't over charge at all like most hotels do. The jacuzzi was out of service unfortunately, but it was not to the fault of the hotel staff. Speaking of the staff, the staff was very friendly. I was able to come to them with any question. My husband and I are already planning a trip back.

2  Thank Brittany C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We only stayed one night at this hotel but will definitely be coming back! It is set perfectly less than 5 miles from downtown Charleston. The hotel was very clean and staff was extremely helpful. We reserved the 2 bedroom suite and it was very spacious for 4 of us. The hotel offers a shuttle service into Charleston. We weren't very impressed with breakfast though. The food was very bland tasting. But it was included with our stay so it made it convenient for our morning.

2  Thank MommaDukes13
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is what I expect a Residence Inn to be. Everything excellent! Room appears to be freshly renovated. I had a one bedroom suite. It's tight around the bed in the bedroom, but you can squeeze around the bed.
Parking was an issue. There are four containers in the parking lot from the renovations whicha re taking up many parking spaces. This hotel could use more parking spaces.
Pool and gym are nice. Daily breakfast is fresh and good.
A bit confusing to get to the first time, but I quickly found my way around the area.

Overall, I would stay here again and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Marsh view rooms have nicer view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in a two bedroom suite. The room and the hotel were clean and stylish. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful when we needed sheets for the pull out sofa bed.

The breakfast was great. Everything was well stocked and the area was clean.

My daughter left her glasses in the room. I called that night and reported it, by 10AM the next morning I had received a call from the office and was told they had located the glasses and were mailing them to my house. Great service!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Hallfamilytravels
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Nice property and surrounding area, even had a pool lift. Helpful staff and evening socials. Minutes from downtown, 10 minutes to Folly Beach. Right off major access roads. Don't know about accessibility (wheelchair) of shuttle, that's why a 4.

Room Tip: higher floors for view of marsh
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family