3,523 results
All reviewsclub levelpalmetto cafethoroughbred clubretractable roofbeautiful hotelroom serviceluxury hotelsouthern charmjunior suiterooftop poolbell staffking streetturn down servicethe concierge levelfitness centerheart of downtownbottle of champagne
Reviewed 19 December 2013

we spent a long week end in Charleston SC
stayed at a great hotel the Charleston Place great location and great service
dinning room also good
service great
self park a good deal
rooms large and very well done
the decoration for Christmas was very nice

Room Tip: ask for the 7 and 8th floor breakfast and drinks included
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The pillows in the rooms are horrible even after requesting new ones that were supposed to be softer.

Staff could be a little more welcoming at the door.

Lots of construction taking place inside hotel....noisy! Also my AC/Heat seemed to be malfunctioning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jay S
CharlestonPlace, General Manager at Belmond Charleston Place, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Jay S,

While we are glad that you enjoyed the hotel's appearance, we are sorry to hear that there were aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. We are installing new furniture and we apologize if this caused any disturbance during your stay. As for the air-conditioning and heating unit, we do have engineers available 24 hours a day for maintenance issues just like this. Though we are disappointed your stay was not what you anticipated, we do appreciate your feedback.

Paul Stracey
Charleston Place Hotel

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I expected a lot more luxury from an Orient Express property. This hotel was on par with a 3-star hotel, at best. It is outdated and the rooms, in particular, need a major refresh. The quality of the accommodations are not reflective of the price point. You will not get your money's worth at this property. On a positive note, the service was quite good. Until a renovation has occurred, we will not be back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The Charleston Place was the perfect place to stay for a long weekend in Charleston. It is situated in the perfect place downtown with easy access to the market and harbor and lots of restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The spa,pool, and fitness center were added bonuses. We enjoyed our stay very much and definitely would stay again!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Every time I visit Charleston, I make it a point to stay here. You're in the heart of historic downtown Charleston, yet only 10-15 minutes from Folly beach, as well as Isle of Palms, and Sullivan's island. I'm originally from Charleston, so I frequently visit. Every time I come to this hotel, it's always a positive experience. From the staff, to the restaurants, to the rooms, it is all amazing. These guys are the best of the best. Not only in Charleston, but in the entire country. I say that as a frequent traveler. I would recommend this hotel to everybody. In fact, my sister recently married here in the ball room, and the staff made it an amazing event. You can't say one thing bad about this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on club level(8th floor). There is a bar with snacks(including some Charleston seafood). Perfect for business travels, when you just want to unwind at the end of the day.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo