Belmond Charleston Place
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Indigo Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$284
  • Breakfast included
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$284
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
US$421
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$386
US$257
US$225
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$261
  • Restaurant
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$142
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$121
HIExpress.com
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$366
US$262
TripAdvisor
3,378 results
All reviewsclub levelpalmetto cafethoroughbred clubretractable roofbeautiful hotelrenovated roomroom serviceluxury hotelsouthern charmjunior suiterooftop poolking streetbell staffthe concierge levelturn down servicefitness centerheart of downtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were thrilled to get an upgrade to the Club level and we enjoyed the amenities and service the entire weekend. Our room was large and comfortable and they've made adjustments for current travel such as big power strips on the side of the desk. Wifi is free so my only downside would be absence of recycling bins in the room or elsewhere. Charleston Place is a fine luxury hotel that compares well with similar properties. We really enjoyed the Club and took advantage of the many different food offerings each day. We almost didn't need to go anywhere else. Tracie was a particular delight so helpful and friendly. We'll definitely be back!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Spent the weekend here with my 10 year old daughter and we were treated like queens! Gorgeous new premium room on the 6th floor, with a welcome note and bottle of champagne! Everyone was so friendly and welcoming! Breakfast and lunch were delicious, location is wonderful! Love the cards they give you for each restaurant so you can always find your way home!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank CarsonsMommy
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Amazing hotel in the middle of everything! Gorgeous; great and accommodating staff; nice hotel rooms. Excellent shopping; restaurants and bars. We are staying at Club level and it's well worth the price for the added amenities and Club level benefits....continental breakfast; snacks; libations; etc. A very glassy hotel! Can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Club level!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed at Charleston Place after many years. Some traditions are worth keeping. Beautifully decorated public rooms, impeccable service. Always addressed by name. Had a wonderful junior suite. Contrary to previous reviewer, did not hear a peep from either rooms or hallways. Delicious dinner at event we were attending and breakfast the next morning. Location in the midst of things.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location in Charleston. The service is excellent. The dining and fitness facilities are likewise top notch. However, I continue to have the same problem every time I stay here, which is that the walls are too thin, and it is an extremely loud hotel. Unfortunately, you hear everything from the rooms next door to you as well as everything in the hallway. I just checked in for a two-night stay. I specifically asked at check-in for a quiet room. Since getting to my room, I have had to listen to conversations from the rooms one either side of me. I have shared this feedback before, but nothing has changed, even for the newly renovated "premium" rooms. I wish this hotel could figure out how to deal with this problem. If so, it would be a true five-star hotel in my opinion.

Room Tip: The interior rooms are not as loud as the street. I would try to get a corner room or a room that does not have anyone else on either side of it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business