Belmond Charleston Place
US$394
US$377
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$214
US$237
US$213
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
US$228
US$217
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$130
US$124
3,398 results
All reviewsclub levelpalmetto cafethoroughbred clubretractable roofbeautiful hotelrenovated roomroom serviceluxury hotelsouthern charmjunior suiterooftop poolking streetbell staffthe concierge levelturn down servicefitness centerheart of downtown
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Always greeted with smiles and they do remember returning guests. Service is excellent - rooms are great and they are renovating all of them - the new ones are woooooow. Centrally located to shopping and everything else you would want to visit. This is our favorite hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank vinjilldi
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Spent our anniversary at the Charleston Place Hotel. Club level amenities included incredible service, comfort and relaxation. This hotel is 'by far' the 4 star gem of the Carolina's. Dined at Poe's for lunch and Ordinary for dinner. Great seafood and atmosphere.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here as part of a car trip to Charleston, Savannah and the outer banks. I would highly recommend this hotel. It exudes elegant southern charm and is very conveniently located near the market, the lovely old mansions of Charleston, great restaurants and high end shopping on King St. We stayed on the club level. I have stayed at many hotel club floors and I have to say that this is one of the best. The club serves breakfast, hors d'oeuvres, snacks and has an open bar with top shelf choices in a relaxed setting. Our room was large, clean and very nicely appointed. The bathroom was also large, clean and beautifully done. We took advantage of the concierge for suggestions and restaurant reservations. Sara was wonderful and very helpful.
I would absolutely come back to the Charleston Place.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My stay at the newly named Belmond Charleston Place leaves much to be desired. Despite club level accomodations, my room is terribly outdated and dirty. The baseboards were caked with a thick layer of dust behind the bed and in the corners. The sheets and mattress pads were ill-fitting, wrinkled with a dingy, worn-out, hole-ridden mattress pad underneath. The towels are thin, gray and coarse. When I called the manager on duty and emphasized the state of my room, he did send housekeeping up to change my sheets, however he did not follow up with me to apologize and confirm that my immediate concerns were addressed nor did he offer to move us to a renovated room. Had he done either, I would not have elected to post a negative review. I have been a guest at this hotel many, many times and have enjoyed the spa, restaurants and location, but this will likely be my last stay. Sadly, the renovations are not soon enough and the commitment to excellence does not exist beyond the lovely Palmetto Cafe. I am a frequent business traveler with premium status at high-end hotel chains and expect and require high standards to be met without hesitation. Belmond should conduct a site visit to a Rtiz Carlton or Four Seasons property to gain perspective on the definition of luxury accomodations and corresponding service expectations. A well-made and appointed room that is clean and updated, should be the absolute standard for any hotel, but certainly one with such a robust marketing campaign highlighting their rebranding under the Belmond name.

Room Tip: Absolutely confirm that you will be booked in a newly renovated room. Otherwise you'll be staying in circa 1980 decor that has certainly seen better days.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
CharlestonPlace, General Manager at Belmond Charleston Place, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Amanda D.,

I’m sorry to hear that your most recent visit to Belmond Charleston Place did not live up to your previous stays. I’m glad that management and housekeeping were able to address some of your concerns. Thank you for your kind words regarding The Spa, The Palmetto Cafe and our downtown location. I do hope you will give us another try next time you are in Charleston.

Paul Stracey

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I spent 6 nights at this lovely hotel for our Babymoon and it was fabulous. We stayed on the club level (floors 7 & 8), which provide access to breakfast, afternoon tea, hors d'oeuvres, evening desserts and an open bar. The service was impeccable, and much like the rest of the south, we were met with great hospitality. The location was perfect, and central to everything we wanted to do/see. I would highly recommend this hotel for a luxurious getaway.